5: An Understanding.

We slowly began walking away from the Maze doors that had recently closed, I was planning to walk him through deadheads, the stream always seems to calm me down.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"Deadheads, then probably the log or the tower." I smiled looking over at him, "When I am feeling sad or scared or like I need to think I walk through Deadheads, or watch the sunset in a tree or the tower. I just like sitting by the logs with some of the Gladers though." I continued, smiling at him.

"How long did it take for you to stop feeling like-" He asked as I knew exactly what he meant.

"Lost, out of place and confused?" I smiled.

"Yeah." He smiled back, the first time I'd seen him smile yet it felt like I'd seen it before.

"A few days, I settled in pretty well. I know all those guys can be really intimidating but some of them are really nice people when you get to know them. Newt practically abducted me on my first day, took me in, made me feel comfortable and like I had a place. Chuck might seem annoying for others at first but he is a great kid, loves making people laugh and feel welcome. Quill he is a really good person to talk to, so is Newt. Although Quill is good to talk to when you feel like the Newbie, he can have a long conversation about any topic. Minho is pretty tough but he makes funny jokes and nice to talk to when he isn't in the Maze, pretty good guy. Frypan, get on his good side and he'll love you, He's a happy guy just don't steal or ruin any foods." I spoke as we entered Deadheads, brushing my arms along trees.

"What about you?" He asked.

"What do you mean what about me?" I asked.

"What kind of person are you?" He looked at me, he seemed really focused on the facts of people.

"I am a girl trapped in a glade with boys, although that sounds terrible I've found ways to make life here peaceful. I would say I am like Newt, I am good to talk to about anything, welcoming and I want you to feel you have a place here." I smiled.

"Ok, so are these people you've told me about... are they your friends?" He said as we continued down along the stream through deadheads.

"Yeah basically, I spend most of my days when I am not working of course with Chuck and Quill being complete idiots or helping Newt out. I eat with Newt, Chuck, Quill, Minho and Fry and I spend most nights with most of them by the logs talking and watching the stars, Its rather simple." I smiled, "we can be your people to you know?"

"I think I'd like that," he smiled, "I really don't like that kid Gally." He spoke.

"Gally isn't very good at handling situations and he makes a lot of conspiracy theories." I tried to explain the nature of the buzzed blonde-haired boy laughing to myself, "He thinks problems can be fixed in 3 ways, slammer, hammer or pushing something out of the way." I continued, "I guess its because he is a builder" I laughed and Thomas slightly laughed with me. "Gally can be a good guy it just takes a while." I shrugged.

"They say you have more memory than the others?" He asked we had sat down by the stream.

"Yeah non important things, my mother, moments, nothing that can help." I sighed, remembering what Newt told me.

"That must be nice, considering I can't remember anything." He smiled.

"Not really, its like a book you know? Its like some pages have words the others do not. I am always wondering what happened in between the unfilled pages." I explained.

"Ahh I see, so either way have some memory or none does suck." He responded. I nodded looking up through the trees and knew the sun was setting.

"Holy Shank!" I stood up in an excited rush. Then I turned to the confused boy reaching out my hand, "Come on."