12: A Stupid Plan

Thomas and I were standing by a hut waiting for Minho, I was leaning on Thomas still tired from last night. Kind of glad I didn't have to go back in, his arm was wrapped around me while my head was on his shoulder. It made me feel calm, although a wave of stress washed over me and I grabbed his hand and played with it to distract myself. That's when Minho came around the corner. He had Fry, Winston, Zart and Chuck with him, Minho turned to me.

"Is this enough?" He asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled turning to Thomas.

"Ok you guys know where we are going right." Thomas asked, wondering if they knew what they were signing up for.

"Minho trusts you; I trust you." Winston said.

"Alright lets go." Thomas said, we snuck through the woods and began making a break for the Maze doors. No one was in sight when we made it there, they all went running in besides Thomas he slowed down and looked at me. He was in deep thought of his next actions. "I'll see you soon." He smiled unsurely and continued into the Maze, Chuck stood there slightly in front of me. He seemed upset or afraid, I knew he shouldn't go into the Maze.

"Chuck are you ok?" I asked, he turned to me and looked terrified I had seen that look on him before. "Why don't you stay and help me?" I smiled reaching out my hand.

"Hey Chuck, are you ok?" Thomas said coming back, he looked at Chuck and saw what I saw.

"I asked him to stay with me, I need the help anyway." I smiled, I lied to protect the boy, to make him feel better.

"Good, I'll see you both soon. Make sure no one finds out." Thomas said as we both nodded and Chuck took my hand. They went deeper into the Maze, Chuck and I turned around and went to find Quill and Newt.

"Okay, you distract Quill and other Gladers, I'll watch Newt and Gally." I explained to the boy.

"Cora are we sure this is going to work." He questioned still scared out of his mind.

"We got this chuckie." I smiled. Chuck took off towards the gardeners and track hoes, he could keep them entertained easily, I went looking for Newt. I found him and Gally talking by some logs, I sat down next to Newt.

"Hey Hazel." Gally said plainly, I nodded at him.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about." I said to Newt ignoring Gally.

"Gally here has some interesting theories about things going on in the Maze." Newt said to me.

"How many of them are about me and Thomas?" I smiled faintly looking towards Gally, as I felt Newt watch me.

"A lot actually." Newt said causing me to turn my head towards him.

"Hazel where is the greenie?" Gally asked clearly fed up with our banter.

"With Minho." I replied.

"Where's Minho?" Gally asked further.

"Map rooms probably, I don't know I don't keep track of every Glader especially with what's going on right now." I rambled. I knew Gally wasn't allowed in the Map room so he couldn't check and that would buy us time.

"ok, I'll talk to you later Newt." Gally said getting up and going.

"Oh Gal, I think Quill or Zart wanted to talk to you." I mumbled he would take ages looking for them. Quill was in deadheads around this time of day he would draw in his book and Zart was in the Maze, Gally would take too long to find him.

"What was it about." He asked.

"I don't know they said it was urgent I can't remember if it was Quill or Zart though it's a gardener." I smiled as Gally walked away and my face dropped.