11. Not the only girl anymore

We had called a Glade meeting, all the keepers and Gladers piled in as Thomas and I sat at the back of the meeting hall on some stools in the back corner. The feeling of anger and glory fell over the room mixed together like a toxic smell. Some Gladers saw us as heroes while others were looking at us as if we were a threat. The Gladers sat on the levels of stone and watched the keepers who stood in front of us.

"Things are changing." Gally began his noble speech, as I mocked his behaviour in my head. Gally and I were great friends, I don't understand what changed, he became such a dick. He looked around at the Gladers like he was asking them to make him the king of the Glade. "There is no denying that. First Ben get stung in broad day light. And then Alby and now our greenie's here have taken it upon themselves to go into the Maze." He continued as the Gladers remained very silent. I kept my eyes on Newt, he seemed to be deep in thought, but his mix of emotion was clear. He had to be fair, but he wouldn't never agree with Gally's terms. "Which is a clear violation of our rules here." Gally scolded us bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah but they saved Alby's life." Fry responded.

"Did they?" Gally asked, Newt turned in reactions to his words. This must be stressful for him, I could feel the stress oozing out of him. He was angry with me, loosing Ably by the minute and he had to keep everyone calm. I get why he's mad at me for risking my life and now Gally for saying the risk was pointless.

"For 3 years we have coexisted with these things, and now you've killed one of them." Gally said pointing at Thomas. I had an urge to rip Gally's head off but I had a feeling that wasn't the mood for the moment so I refrained.

"Coexisted? Really Gal," I half laughed in frustrations, "gee us running for our lives from them seems likes coexisting." I flashed my eyes over to Newt and he shook his head at me, this wasn't the time or place but I didn't bloody care. I couldn't stand Gally. "Was Ben included in that coexisting? Where's Ben Gal? He was stung by grievers." I stood up and threw my hands in the air.

"Cora you broke a rule, this is your fault." Gally replied.

"Don't you think I understand that, trust me I do; but the only bloody thing I could think about was Minho and Alby I tried to help them, I was trying to save Alby." I sighed. "Ben did nothing wrong, he went into the Maze like he has... had every single freaking day." I held back tears, everyone seemed to be feeling my sadness over the situation.

"It doesn't matter, Ben's gone we can't change that. Do you know what killing one of them could mean for us." Gally replied. I rolled my eyes and sat down. There was no way to be comfortable sitting on these stools. Newt looked at me with a worried expression.

"What would you suggest we do?" Newt turned back to Gally, he's clearly heard enough.

"They got to be punished." He said simply. Although that didn't sit well with the Gladers loud complaint rolled cross the room. I looked at Gally and smirked, he looked frustrated.

"Minho, you were there with them. What do you think?" Newt asked. Minho looked over at us and then turned back to Newt.

"I think, in all the time we've been here no ones ever killed a griever before. When I turned tail and ran, these dumb shanks stayed behind and helped Alby. Hell Cora wouldn't leave Alby behind even if it meant she would die in the process. Look I don't know if they are brave or stupid." He paused. All the attention had turned to us, Gladers chuckled and Newt looked at me proudly. "But whatever it is we need more of it. I say we make em runners." He finished, Thomas and I looked at each other in shock. A runner? I can't be a runner. What the bloody hell was he thinking, God dammit Minho. Gladers piped up on that one.

"Minho let's not jump the gun here, Cora is my best chef." Fry reasoned up, along with other Gladers.

"Cora! Cora! Cora!" Quill chanted repeatedly. As I rolled my eyes at him.