14: Monsters

We all stood there in shock I am guessing those doors have never opened before today, which doesn't mean anything good. Just before we could process to the new doorway the big mechanical sound happened again. None of us jumped as much as last time and I looked at Thomas worried and the look was returned. Newt glanced at me also to check I was there I nodded to him. Then on another blank side another wall began fading away revealing a doorway, the only thing I could think about is the fact it probably had a twin as I turned opposite that doorway to the left, everyone seem to have the same idea as they turned with me. The sound began again as it open, tonight was going to be a long night because I am guessing they aren't going to open these doors just to close them again. They were letting the monsters of the Maze into the Glade. While we were all processing Thomas let go of my hand and started devising a plan and I was to.

"Chuck I want you to go to the council hall and start barricading the doors." He said comforting the boy and he nodded worriedly.

"Winston you go with him." Newt ordered.

"Got it." Winston replied.

"Get the others tell them to go to the forest tell them to go high now!" Gally yelled at a boy.

"Minho, I want you to grab every weapon you can find and we'll meet you at council hall." Thomas spoke to the runner.

"Let's go." Minho said to a boy as they left.

"Teresa, Quill you two go get Alby alright?" I asked her as she seemed shocked, she nodded as Quill grabbed her and they went off.

"Thomas what are we going to do?" I asked before he could answer, screaming came from the left door as boy came running out of deadheads. Then a familiar mechanical screech came from our doorway as I looked at the Griever rounding the corner. "ahh well this seems familiar." I remarked as I turned to Thomas.

"Alright everybody hide!" He screamed grabbing my arm and pulling me with him. We took off with everyone else as a griever chased us. We ran into the crops more exactly the corn crops, Thomas pushed me in front of him and we kept running he was directly behind me. Heart beats filled my ears thudding as I ran. Screams and mechanical sounds were coming from every directions and I could barely process what I was doing I just ran. Then we all stopped and got low to the ground Thomas held on to me as we crouched next to each other. Zart was with us among other gladers, we were all sitting their praying we wouldn't be found. The torch was still lit which was clearly going to lead them to us. Screams came from different people and every directions my grip tighten on Thomas's hand. Just when we turned directions to look for other screams a metal claw came out of no where yanking Zart into the air and dropping him again. A few went rushing forward to save him, it didn't go well. Once again Zart was yanked into the air without return.

"No!" I yelled going to save him as Thomas pulled me back. Then we all stood up and turned and ran the other direction, screams rang out around us.

"Get to the village!" Thomas yelled as we all continued to run for our lives. We ran through the corn crops the way we came. While I was running all I could think about was Newt, Minho, Quill, Chuck and Teresa I hoped they were ok. Honestly the safest place to be right now would be inside the Box but that would already be taken by someone. After running for a while the village was insight and be began to slow down and search for people. That's when I saw Clint and Jeff carrying Alby, I was glad to see them ok but I was wondering where Quill and Teresa were.

"Alby! Where's Quill and Teresa?" I screamed running over to them, stress rising.

"Right here." Quill replied as they appeared from behind with the grow of people around them.

"Jesus Christ." I sighed pulling Quill into a hug.

"What's happening?" Alby asked.

"Their here." Thomas replied.