1: The beginning

The final straw was when my friend Caleb was sent down into the Maze, I watched as they dragged away another friend of mine kicking and screaming knowing I couldn't help them. It was a sickening feeling that kept me up at night, I would wake up screaming from guilt. Soon after I realised I wasn't alone in this feeling, Thomas, another boy who worked with me felt the same. We were 15 when we began our plan to save them, all of them. Thomas was one of W.K.C.Ds star students he had begun working for them shortly after I did. We would meet regularly on the roof of the W.K.C.D building drawing up plans. Working with him seemed to help me through the guilt knowing I wasn't alone. Overtime we began to develop this form of freedom and trust with each other I could feel with no one else, we talked about things no one else would ever know about. Eventually we found contacts called the Right Arm. We spent months providing them with information videos, numbers of people in each Maze, days of wiping. It finally felt like change was coming.

Right now I was sitting at my desk hacking into the W.K.C.D main frame to get the last of the information needed to give to the Right Arm. The locations of the Mazes. I have spent the last few hours trying to locate as many coordinates as I could, but I wasn't having much luck. So I decided to head into the mainframe, I walked among the halls smiling and greeting people as they passed. As I reached the mainframe door, I used my card and quickly slipped into the room. If I was seen I could blow the final phase of the plan, as I walked in I quickly walked down the isles for each Maze. Finding the computers and searching through them finding the locations and writing them down. I was going at a rapid pace keeping focus on my task blocking out everything else. I heard a faint sound of the door opening but I chose to ignore it. Stupid choice. Seconds later I was snapped out of my tasks by guards grabbing me and slamming me against a mainframe.

"What the hell is going on. I am just trying to do my data tasks." I lied to the big burly man holding me down. He didn't reply so I stayed silent, the jig was up. I shoved the paper in my lab coat quickly before they readjusted my arms and force me out of the giant computer room. My arms were forcefully held behind my back as they walked me out like a prisoner. Everyone was watching in fear as they dragged me down the hallway. I kept my focus on the ground as an angry look sunk into my expression. As we turned a corner my eyes were met with Teresa, another one of the workers here she was my friend. She looked at me in shock and walked towards me.

"Let her go!" she yelled at them "You know who she is", she tried to free me.

"We can't do that" the guard replied.

"She is Cora Paige why can't you do that?" She asked tears wallowing in her eyes, I broke. I knew I could lie my way out of this one. So used tried to justify it. My eyes began to stick as I let it out.

"Teresa you have to listen to me... I did what I did to save them, they do not deserve this, they were our friends! Quill is in there!" I cried out in the guards hold, I saw Thomas at the end of the hallway watching the scene.

"What did you do?" Teresa looked at me in fear.

"I couldn't let them die like that! For god sake we are only kids." I cried. The guard continued down the hallway with me as I kept my head low. The mood changed people looked at me like a villain. These people who had helped raised me and adored me looked at me like I was infected. To them I was nothing anymore, I never thought so many people can treat a person like nothing. Although that's what they were doing to the members of the maze trials.

As we turned another corner I was met with a familiar door, My Aunts Office door. The brought me into the room as she sat her desk answering emails. She waved her hands and the guards dropped me. After a few moments of confusing silence, she looked up at me. She sighed at me and glanced at the guards as they left the room. I expected more from her, I was practically her child and she looked at me like another employee she was going to have to fire. Although I knew she disliked how much I was like my mother and completely the opposite of what she wanted me to be, I thought she would care more.