We Interrupt This Program

WandaVision - Chapter One: "We Interrupt This Program"

New Orleans, Louisiana, 1995...

"We could always use people with your talent in SHIELD, Maria." Diana offered to the former pilot. Maria smirked, but shook her head. After what she had witnessed this week, she only feared more for Monica's safety.

"My place is here, with my daughter." Maria explained, but Diana had already suspected she would refuse the proposal.

"Of course, I understand." 

Maria's eyes looked past Diana as she saw her daughter enter the room. Noticing Maria's eyes, Diana turned around and was delighted to see a little girl who looked no older than twelve. 

Monica was frozen in shock, she recognized the strange lady almost immediately. It was her favorite superhero - well, other than aunt Carol - Wonder Woman. The Amazonian Goddess approached her, kneeling down slightly to be on the same level. She then reached her hand out, a genuine smile plastered on her face.

"You must be Monica." Diana spoke, and Monica thought she might have a heart attack. 

"I am Diana." She introduced.

Monica paused for a moment before reaching her arm forward and shaking her hand.

"Are you Wonder Woman?" Monica asked. Stupid question, she realized, but she had no idea how to react, maybe she was just so star struck by meeting her.

Diana didn't respond, but the cheeky smile on her face told Monica all she needed to know.

Brooklyn, 2023...

'Diana, it's me again. I know you're probably busy, but there's something I might need your help with in New Jersey.'

Diana rocked the baby in her arms back and forth, desperately trying to keep her asleep. This child already proved to be her mother's daughter when she accidentally broke Steve's thumb while she was holding his hand. She was hell's spawn, but nothing that two superpowered parents couldn't handle. 

"How's Natalia going?" Steve asked in a whisper as he entered the room. The sound of her snores was enough to answer the question for him as he approached her and Diana.

"I got a phone call today." Diana spoke quietly, walking over to Natalia's crib and placing her inside carefully.

"Oh yeah?" Steve said as the two exited their daughters room, shutting the door behind them.