7.9

Avengers: Endgame - Chapter Nine: "Not Everybody Comes Home"

A/N: wOW this is Bad? IM SO PUMPED SHIT HAPPENS NEXT CHAPTER OMG EEK IM SO EXCITED TO SHOW UUUUU

LANDING BACK IN THE COMPOUND, Diana immediately turned her head to speak to Natasha, when instead, she saw Clint-- On his knees and teary-eyed

"Did we get them all?" Banner chuckled, realising their plan had actually been successful. He only wished he had waited to see what it costed him.

"You telling me this'll actually work?" Rhodey smiled, but it soon faded once everyone began to notice the missing person from the room.

Diana knew.

She didn't have to guess, she could tell by the grief-stricken look upon his face and self-hatred. She knelt down by Clint, placing a hand on his shoulder as his teary eyes looked up at her.

"Clint, where's Nat?"

The silence was all they needed, but it didn't last long as they heard a sob come from Diana.

THE AVENGERS sat by the lakeside, mourning the loss of their fallen teammate and friend. Diana sat on the edge of the dock, her boots but barely touching the water as she kicked her feet in deep thought.

"Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked after a long period of silence. The same as everyone, he didn't want to accept her death, but he had a knack for looking on the more realistic side of things.

"Yeah. Us." Replied Steve, knowing that Nat didn't have anyone more than them-- Something that just made it hurt so much more.

"What?" Thor shook his head, confused.

"I just asked him a question..." Tony defended as Thor walked up to him.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" He suggested, but knew that if the solution was there, it would've already been brought up. So he growled, hissing his next sentence. "So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

"We can't get her back." Clint spoke up, causing Thor to lose his breath.

"Wha- what?"

"It can't be undone. It can't." He refused, and Thor laughed dryly.

"I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint hissed, as Thor opened his mouth to argue.

"Now that's my point..." Thor pointed at him

"It can't... be undone. Or that's at least what the, great floating guy had to say." He then began to snap. "Maybe you wanna go talk to him? Okay? Go grab your hammer, and you go fly and you talk to him!" He screamed, his rage then immediately being replaced by guilt.