7.1

Avengers: Endgame - Chapter One: "Saviour"

[Gif imagine: Diana flying out of the compound to find Tony]

     A HERO is a person, admired for their courage and brave deeds

A HERO is a person, admired for their courage and brave deeds. A hero selflessly protects others, even when the cost is their own life. And because of this, a hero is always supposed to win.

Failure. Is the first thing that comes into Diana's mind whenever she remembers what had happened twenty-three days ago. They lost, not just the battle, but half of the universe. People's friends, family, maybe even just one person that made someones life feel worth living. Gone.

After the battle in Wakanda, the remaining Avengers arrived back in New York where the chaos was unimaginable. The sky was dull and grey, the sun covered by thick layers of smoke from planes and vehicles that crashed and burned. It was as though the Earth too, had felt its loss.

"Did you find his coordinates?" Carol Danvers, an old friend of Fury's asked as she walked into the main room where everybody was either seated or working.

"Rocket found something, maybe." Natasha replied, watching over the raccoons shoulder as he typed away on the device.

"My ship was still online 21 days after the snap." Rocket spoke, expanding the holographic screen with his fingers and turning it around to show everyone in the room the coordinates that it was last at.

"Well that's it then, we fly a jet out and look for him?" Banner said, writing down the coordinates on his notepad. Steve immediately stood up, shaking his head in disagreement.

"It would never make it that far-"

"He's right." Carol interjected. "And I doubt you could even get it there fast enough before something happens, the raccoon said the Benatar needs top ups on oxygen regularly, which means if they're stranded..." She trailed off.

"They would run out of oxygen." Natasha realised, taking in a sharp breath.

Carol opened her mouth to speak, when a familiar voice cut her off.

"I'll go."

Everybody turned their head towards Diana, who stood at the door to the room, with her arms folded crossed. Carol opened her mouth to object, but Diana's look made it known she wasn't going to change her mind.

Carol silenced, nodding in reply.

"Diana, are you sure you're up for this?" Natasha asked, stepping closer to her, trying to reach out. Diana nodded determinedly.