7.3

Avengers: Endgame - Chapter Three:  "Day 1848"

[This is lowkey a filler, but it brings insight to how Diana feels and what she's like after the five years - ALSO listen to the song cause I'm totally fine :( ]

Five

Years

Later.

  THE WORLD HAD CHANGED. The sun no longer shined like it used to, instead covered by fog and clouds from the neglect the Earth was facing. The world had cried and mourned, but even as the years went by the tears never stopped. They never would.

"So I, uh... Went on a date the other day. It's the first time in five years, you know? I'm sitting there at dinner... I didn't even know what to talk about." A man called Joe spoke aloud to the group. Steve sat beside him, listening to his story, trying his best to fix all those broken by the devastation of the decimation.

"What did you talk about?" Steve asked, leaning forward in his chair. Diana however, sat silently, already knowing the mans answer as it's all been the same for everybody else.

"Same old crap, you know?" He chuckled dryly. "How things have changed, and... my job, his job... How much we miss the Mets. And then things get quiet... He cried as they were serving the salads." Steve's expression turned into one of concern, never failing to be empathetic towards all the people who lost. Because they were just like him: hopeless.

"What about you?" Jim asked from the other side of Joe. He swallowed thickly, hesitant to answer.

"I cried... just before dessert. But I'm seeing him again tomorrow, so..." His tone slightly shifted, but even the least brightest person in the room could sense the sadness in his tone, longing for things to return as they were before the snap.

"That's great." Steve spoke, offering him a weak smile. "You did the hardest part. You took the jump, you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those little brave baby steps we gotta take. To try and become whole again, try and find purpose. At some point, you gotta to move on. The world is in our hands. It's left to us guys, and we got to do something with it. Otherwise... Thanos should have killed all of us." He finished, causing Joe to nod in agreement.

"Diana?" Joe asked, causing her to look up at him. "You were- are Wonder Woman, you've been known to the world since World War One, you must've lost people...?" Diana inhaled deeply, a list forming in her head alongside a video that projected everyone she lost. She was there for all of it.

"H-How did get through it?" He sniffed, shedding a few tears as he could no longer hold back.

"I never did." She answered truthfully, causing everybody in the circle to stare at her perplexed. "When I first came to... Mans world in 1918, I was naive, so blinded by my hope that everyone was good, that it costed me a man I loved." Steve's eyes softened at her words, remembering the story she had told her about Captain Trevor, a man who showed her there was more to the world than good or bad.

"For 20 years after that, I still couldn't bare to mention his name without crying, getting angry, but then I met Steve." She spoke, causing everybody to send a quick look towards Steve to see his reaction, but he merely looked intrigued by her storying, leaning forward in his chair as he gestured for her to continue.

"He showed me how to move on, how to love again..." She paused, feeling the warmth of Steve's hand on hers. "But then I lost him, too, along with his best friend and my friend."

"I thought I was cursed, doomed to lose those that I loved, so I stopped trying. I remained close to the few around me, but every now and then, people would manage to make their way onto my list of those I cared about." She continued, intertwining her hand with Steve's.

"But there comes the cost of no aging. I watched them grow old, live a life, have children, while I was stuck on my own..." She inhaled. "And when they reached the age where they began to die or suffer illnesses, I had to watch, in silence, unable to help them. Watch as they would forget my name, and watch as they flatlined on the hospital bed beside me."

"I have lived through, and fought in so many wars, but no pain out there compared to the feeling of loss." Shaking her head, a tear dropped down her cheek. "You never truly move on, you can't."

"Time doesn't heal your pain. It just teaches you to how to bear it, long enough without breaking."