ii. No Way Home

A/N: Moustacheless Pedro is so cursed. Anyways sorry it's been so long I finished high school and that and I got accepted into University crazyyy. I kinda wanna remove Diana from NWH and take her straight to Love and Thunder. Also given that Wanda's arc I feel is not complete, I don't think I can write MoM until the next marvel project she's in. I simply don't have enough information to go on-- also given that Zeus is in Love and Thunder that's gonna be a goooood plot-- also sets up a good story later with Hercules and Diana. I would love to write a cameo for Diana in Wakanda Forever but I simply feel its not in character for Wakanda to ask for outsider help unfortunately and I don't wanna force it. However, with Themyscira being a nation like Wakanda and Talokan, I think I can squeeze that in there somehow. Maybe Talokan tries to recruit the remaining Amazons. (Those that remained from Endgame and those that came back after the snap).

 (Those that remained from Endgame and those that came back after the snap)

"You haven't been yourself lately." Said Diana to Steve the next night at the table over dinner.

Steve sighed at her words, of course she would pick up on it.

"How long have you known?" He asked her. He had been struggling finding the balance between a superhero and a father. He never wanted to leave his daughter alone, like Diana didn't, but conflict drew him in. He was a soldier in that way.

"Since before Westview." She replied calmly, taking a sip as she looked up at him. Steve smiled, but it never reached his eyes.

"Beating Thanos felt like the endgame. So when I'm sitting here in my house trying to settle down, it doesn't feel right." Diana nodded at his words. She of all others understood what he had meant.

"I've been thinking about this for a while. People have been telling us to settle down for years, but... I just don't think it's for us." She gave him a small smile.

"But we have a kid, I don't want her to resent us for not being there because I have the urge to go beat up some thugs every night." Steve sighed, shaking his head to himself as though what he was feeling wasn't normal. Though, to Diana, it was. She understood him more than most. Thousands of years practicing combat, and while it would be ideal to settle down, she didn't think it was truly possible. A soldier like herself could never truly give up her lifestyle, not after so many years of battle and refining her skills.

"We were trained for battle, Steve. We are always ready for it." Diana smiled softly. "Even now, I see you bouncing your leg up and down like you're waiting for the next fight to happen." Steve stopped his leg, not even realising he had the habit. "To want to fight is normal for people like us." She comforted him, placing a hand on his.

"I discovered some pretty awful things when I was in Germany with Sam and Buck." Steve said after a moment of silence. Diana tilted her head at him, confused.

"It got me thinking. When the time comes, maybe I'm dead, maybe I actually decide to retire..." Diana gripped Steve's hand tighter.

"Steve..." she shook her head, not wanting to think of things like that.