Chapter 5

Marinette's POV

A month has passed and I've settled quite well. Now, I need to do my work, which is to bring back balance to this city. I've already have some ideas. Each time I went to different cities, it would always have different problems. Paris was Hawkmoth and Mayura, another was a person who control the city and made it miserable, another one was slavery. There were a lot more, but I don't think I should get to it. Some were quite frightening but in the end, I helped the city and it became better.

Anyways, I need a tour of Gotham so that I would figure out the problems but I don't know where to start. I am currently at school, today is Friday so I got a lot of time to think about it over the weekends. Its lunch and I am walking towards the usual table. I sat down, there were already Jon and Damian sitting down, eating their food.

3rd Person POV

"Hey Mari" Jon greeted and she greeted back. They had a light conversation. Jon was talking about Gotham and asked for her opinion, "I don't know, I'm not sure. I haven't been here quite long and I haven't been to a lot of places. Only my apartment, school and some shops."

"Why though? I thought you wanted to look around Gotham?" He questioned and she nodded. "I would like that. But I've been quite busy settling in and haven't got time to roam around Gotham yet."

"I would love to tour Gotham but I don't know where to start" She continued and sighed. Jon perked up and looked at Damian.

"Well, me and Damian could give you a tour of Gotham" Jon said and nudge Damian, he looked surprised. They both looked at each other, they were having a silent battle and Jon emerged victorious, Damian sighed in defeat.

"Yes, we could show you around, show you the safe parts of Gotham and warn you of the dangerous ones." Damian said and Jon nodded. "Oh, that's great but I don't really want to bother you" She said and Jon shook his head.

"Its fine, we'll have fun!" He said and Damian nodded in agreement. "Ok then, when would this tour be on?" She questioned. "Maybe after school today" Jon suggested and Damian nodded. "Sure, it'll be great!" Marinette exclaimed excited.

After School

They packed their things and went out together, having a light conversation. Damian went to Alfred and told him that he would go home by himself. Alfred nodded and left while Damian went back to the talking pair.

"Let's go" Damian said and the trio walked around. Damian and Jon showing parts of Gotham, mostly Damian since he lived there and knows more than Jon does. Showed her some buildings, including WE. She praised the architecture of the buildings, she said that it was very different from Paris, nevertheless, its still beautiful.

They also went to multiple shops and bought a few things. They stopped at a chocolate shop since Jon begged them too. He excitedly went inside and the pair followed shortly behind him. He ran around taking different types of chocolate, she wondered if Jon was actually a child? He acted like one but she reminded herself that he was around her age. But then again, she likes children so, she doesn't mind, it actually looked adorable. She bought some while Damian just watched.

After a few minutes, he decided to wait outside. She was contemplating whether to go outside with him or wait for Jon. She bought the some chocolate and decided to talk with him outside. She went outside and the pair had a light conversation.

"It seems he likes chocolate" Marinette said while looking at Jon. Damian nodded his head. "He do, a lot" He stated and she smiled.

"It seems like it, he got so happy when we decided to stop on this shop. I guess we'll be here for quite some time." She chuckled and he nodded.

"Probably" He replied and she nodded. "So did you enjoy the tour?" He questioned nervously and she nodded happily. "Of course, it was great, the city seemed nice, can't wait to see more soon" She smiled and Damian was amused, he didn't expect that she would like it, despite the crime and also some murky and dangerous places they showed her. She kept surprising him, a lot.

The pair continued talking, unbeknownst to them, there was someone else looking at them. Dick was surprised and confused, really confused on what he saw on the street in front of him. Did he ate too much cereal? Maybe.

He was walking on the street, when he spotted Damian standing, with another person. So, he decided to greet him. At first he thought he was with Jon. When he approached closer and saw that it was a girl! They were having a light conversation and both seemed to be enjoying it. He was beyond surprise. Damian talking to someone? And its a girl! He never talk to any girl except the Batgirls and Selina as much as he know of. Just the four of them, or maybe never talk to any girl alone.

He looked upward and saw it was a chocolate shop. What is he doing there? As much as I know, he doesn't like chocolate. Maybe he wanted to buy some chocolate? Or he's having a date with the girl? Maybe he's dating her? Little D dating sounds quite impossible, there is still a slight chance. I better ask him, maybe when he's back at home. I don't want to interrupt them, maybe their in a date or somewhat, it seems only both of them only and enjoying it, despite the big temptation. He walked away from them, bewildered and confused.

"Hey guys!" Jon called and the pair turned in his direction. "You finally finish, I thought you wouldn't go out of the store" Damian said and Marinette smiled.

Jon was approaching them holding a bag of chocolate in hand. "Its fine, I too, love chocolate. Not as much as you though, you really like them." Marinette pointed out and Jon nodded his head.

"Maybe I should make you some chocolate dessert" She mumbled to herself and Jon perked up. "You would?" He questioned and she was a bit taken aback. He heard her, she just mumbled, maybe a bit too loud. "Yeah, I'll see what I can do" She said and he beamed happily.

"Its getting dark, we should go home" Damian said and both nodded. They bid their goodbyes and when Damian was going to accompany Marinette, she was nowhere to be seen. He sighed and walked to the Manor. 

He arrived after some time. "Welcome home, Master Damian" Alfred greeted and he nodded. "Hello Pennyworth" He replied and walked to his room. But Dick was also walking and saw Damian.

He thought its the perfect time to confront him about that girl. "Hey Little D" Dick called out and Damian turned at his direction. "Yes?"

"Well, where have you been?" Dick questioned and Damian just shrugged. "With some friends" He simply replied. Not what he was expecting but then again, this is Damian, what was he expecting? Give him free information? Never.

"Oh, with who?" Dick questioned which Damian raised his brows suspiciously. "Jon" He simply answered. "Only Jon?" Damian nodded his head reluctantly.

"Well, I saw you with another person when I was walking." Dick said grinning mischievously and Damian widened his eyes in surprised but schooled his features back to normal. "Actually, it was a girl" He continued, grinning and Damian shook his head.

"Tt, there was Jon. You probably saw the wrong person then" Damian stated and walked away. "No, I didn't!" He responded and Damian shrugged his shoulders. "Are you dating her?" Dick questioned quite yelling and Damian lightly blushed, luckily his back was at Dick's, he would've teased him. He gave no reaction, just kept walking away. 

A/N

I think I can't update quite frequently but I'll try my best. Anyways, I actually did finish a chapter earlier but I decide against publishing it for the next chapter though I think you guys would really liked it!