Chapter 15

(I tried searching for the pictures I wanted but couldn't find any so, here is a picture of the bat family relaxing in the couch, it has some relation at the end of this chapter)

Damian's POV

We were dismissed early today, since me, Marinette and Jon finished a project that we had to do in class early, with an hour to spare. Which I am proud of, while Jon and Marinette were happy. As of right now, we are walking to the school entrance.

"Why don't we hang out?" Jon suggested, as we walked out of the classroom.

"Its been a while since we last did and we've got spare time before we actually go home" Jon continued, getting excited.

Marinette spoke, "Sure" Marinette smiled and I nodded my head to which Jon was ecstatic.

"Where would we be going?" Marinette questioned while looking at me and Jon.

"Well, I haven't thought about that yet" Jon answered truthfully to which I mentally facepalm.

"Whatever you like, I'll follow whatever you choose." Me and Jon looked at each other.

"The mall?" Jon piped up and Marinette nodded while I pondered on it.

I don't prefer the mall. Its normally crowded with people and too public. Just this once, though.

I reluctantly nodded Jon beamed happily and Marinette smiled, as we all walked heading towards the mall. Though I guess if I went just this once nothing would happen right?

Wrong. I should've known. Currently, there is a hostage situation in the mall. We were eating and talking when an explosion went off, me, Jon and Marinette felt the blow from it while we stand our ground, unmoving. Others does have an impact, some fell to the ground and some injured.

Third Person POV

All the while, people screamed in panic and ran around, it was purely chaotic. Damian and Jon shared a look, discreetly. Though Marinette took notice of.

Jon spoke up, "Come on Marinette. We need to hide. There's an attack right now" He grabbed her wrist as he dragged her while Damian strayed away and disappeared from the crowd.

"Jon, where is Damian?" Marinette asked and Jon looked at her.

"Oh him? He's probably hiding somewhere or maybe he went home. I'm not sure. But he's going to be fine" Jon dismissed and kept walking.

Marinette noticed his lie, he isn't that good at it. Some would fall for it but not her. She is skilled in reading people, since she needed in her jobs especially when spotting lies and liars. His lie wasn't that convincing. Finally they halted and took cover. She was able to see the situation from the distance to which she is relief.

He spoke up, "I'm staying here with you. I'll keep you safe" She nodded her head. Though could he fight? Maybe, I'm not sure, we'll probably see him in action soon. I think it got to do with the share look. I'll find out soon enough.

The dust and rubble finally cleared and they saw the Riddler and his goons. Marinette was curious and watched attentively from her spot. The Joker spoke up, "Citizens of Gotham! I'm Joker!"

"Joker!?"

Maeinette spoke up, "I thought he attack often?"

"Yeah, but Joker is one of the dangerous criminals here"

"Oh, that's not good" He nodded his head.

"So you need to stay hidden" I realized that he said me only, how about him?