Chapter 27

Library.
That was the plan, she was going to read some books there, after school. Before her plan got intercepted and events happened that she did not expect.

She have been there a few times before, and this time, she planned on reading a few books and maybe borrow some. The library has rows of shelves filled to the brim by books.

A few tables and chairs, to accommodate students who wants to read some books. Also, some computers to be used to search some books. She met a few recognizable faces and had a few short conversations.

As she was looking through the shelves when she saw a fellow classmate of her's, Claude. He was reading a book near the shelves. (Its just a random name I chose, it's not from the miraculous fandom.)

"Claude" Marinette called. He looked up from his book and gave her a soft smile.

"Marinette, what are you doing here?" He smiled and shut his book. He then approached her and Marinette returned the smile. "I decided to read some books"

"Oh, I've never seen you here before" She nodded, "I've never seen you either. I've been here a few times before"

"What are you doing here?" He chuckled. "I love reading, I also like the library's peacefulness"

She nodded in agreement. "Me too, I like reading and it's peacefulness too"

"Oh, I've never knew you also enjoyed the library, but that's nice" She nodded. "So, have you got a book to read yet?" She shook her head.

"Okay then, let's get you one" He recommended some books and she finally found a book to read. They talked quietly or whispering while reading in between the shelves.

She got to know Claude, he's a good person. She also found out he reads lots of books in different genres. He's also smart and knowledgeable. He's a nice person to hang out with.

Claude finally had to go home and they bid their goodbyes, she continued reading her book.

She had just finished reading a book that Claude recommended, it was good. She then searched for another book when someone spoke up, from behind her, "He finally left and you're still here"

She was startled and bumped with the shelf beside her, some book fell and she tripped on one of it. She was falling backwards and was preparing the fall but there were none.

She opened her eyes and saw two pairs of green eyes looking at her worried while holding her with his arms.

"Are you okay?" She took a deep breath, relieved. "Yes, I'm fine"

She then realized how close she was with him. She squeaked in embarrassment and put some distance between them.

While he just chuckle in amusement,
'Adorable' Her blushing face was indeed adorable.

Which isn't funny. Marinette gave him a cold look while he gave her a small smile in return.

"Thanks for helping me, though you were the one who scared me in the first place" And he chuckled again.

"I didn't do it on purpose, sorry, I wouldn't know it would surprise you that much" Damian smiled while she frowned.

"Yes, please give me a heads up next time" He nodded in response.

"Great, now excuse me, I need to clean the mess I made. I have to put these book back on their right places"

As she picked up the books from the floor and put it on the shelf, Damian also grabbed a few and put it at their places.

"Thank you, but what are you doing here?" Marinette questioned. "Reading, of course"

She raised an eyebrow, "You like reading?" He nodded and she then smiled, "The same goes for me"