Chapter 1

Please enjoy the first 2 chapter launch of Queen of Diamonds. Thirty-seven complete chapters of the adventure of teen drama, lots of lavish parties, diamond hunting, and some laughs.

Tantalize your taste buds with the flavors of Outer banks meets Gossip Girl with a sprinkle of Riverdale in the original first novel of the series Queen of Diamonds. 

TUNE IN EVERY SATURDAY @ 1:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME FOR NEW CHAPTERS

*************************************************************

Prologue

Back in the summer of '69, those were the best days of my life.

Just kidding.

I'm going to be 30 soon but I'm not that old. That summer many sunsets ago still holds some of the best days of my life though and some of the worst. It's crazy to think back because even at the time I knew that summer was going to be epic. But little did I know just how much so.

Some days it still feels like I'm 17 going on 30, living life to the fullest with my same childhood friends and some I met along the way that summer that made it so special. Now roaming around our new cities, working 24/7 to try and make rent that month meanwhile still paying back last months, yet still not hesitating to call out sick from adult world on a Friday for a spur of the moment long weekend trip my best friends tell me I'm skipping town for pretty much sums up my day to day. It's a far cry from the scandalous mischief we used to get ourselves caught up in and a lot more expensive when your rich families aren't paying for everything. Well, for some of us at least.

That summer over 10 years ago now will always have a sparkly place in my heart. And every time I touch the red diamond necklace around my neck, I'm reminded of the memories that make my heart so full, almost broke my heart beyond repair, and then a few more that tried to glue it back together again. It's days like today when I'm about to go back to the little town where it all began that I find myself reminiscing on that epically wild yet devastatingly tragic summer.

But sometimes you need a little walk down memory lane to remember the kids you were; to reflect on how much you've grown, risked, loved, drank, were drugged, survived the balls hot heat of East Coast summer and not having permanent frizz damage years later, drank some more, stomped on the heads of the elite, broke into a house (multiple times), won a bag of diamonds, almost dated your step brother, and how amazed you are that you and your friends made it to the ends of the earth and back alive. Well, some of us...

Let's take a walk. 

Chapter 1

"Mom, where are my keys?" I yelled as I was just about ready to leave.

"Hold on, Ava," my mother said as she was walking down the swirly, cherry wood staircase of our Upper East Side apartment. "Here they are," she replied as she handed me my jingling car keys with a sparkly crystal chain attached to it.

Just as I turned on my heels to go out the front door she grabbed my arm, "Wait a minute, don't go running out on me just yet. Grandma will be at the house when you get there--"

"God willing," I muttered with a little smirk.

Gram is old but not that old. She's grandma old. But when you consider she has had a stroke, minor but still, and 7 engagements in her lifetime, all of which she kept the rings from might I add, that takes a toll on any person. Needless to say, my Gram is a legend. She rejects fiancés and life threats. She has definitely proven to hold her own, but I still didn't want to waste any time. Luckily my mom didn't want to waste her time either, not acknowledging the typical me side comment and brushed past it. The usual. I swear no one in this family appreciates my back handed humor. Except Gram and my dad.