Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"How's it going up there sweetie?" my mom called from the bottom of the stairs. I have been hold up in my room all day ferociously working to create my Mrs. Snowbanks alter ego. And I have to admit, she's an angelic badass. Her character clue is that she's an unhappy politician's wife but in my mind that means she's looking hot and ready to flirt with the town. The white fur coat Gram gave me was a good launching point for my inspiration. After I shortened the length a little to make it hit right above my waist and found the perfect white lacey bodice to go underneath, I was in good shape to then tackle the metallic skirt. I cut the hem immediately to remove the weird tacky bedazzled fringe then cut a few more inches to make it a cool silver mini skirt. Her legs might be chilly in this at the party the snowy town of Angelville is hosting but she will be garnering the attention of her husband, Mr. Snowbanks, and every other spectator that turns out. Paired with white booties I hijacked from my mom and the left-over fur from the jacket I attached to the heels, Mrs. Snowbanks was ready for a night out on the snow covered town.

"Coming down!" I yelled back to my mom as I put the finishing touches on my costume and clasped my now signature red diamond necklace from my dad around my bare neck. These richies already know I have their coveted red diamond, no use in hiding it now. Plus, it was a nice red pop for my holiday ensemble.

I descended the stairs in all my faux wintery glory to unveil my character to the masses. Aka my mom and Gram.

"You look beautiful!" My mom gushed. "I feel like I'm sending you off to prom," she beamed and whipped her phone out to snap a picture.

"Please, no paparazzi," I joked, pretending to shield my face.

"Well, if it isn't the slutty real housewife of Angelville," Gram mused beside mom, hopefully not noticing my destructing to her clothes. "It is Angelville right?"

"Yes, Gram," I assured her, eating up their praises. "And thank you for the clothes, I was shockingly able to make them work."

"Those are my clothes?" she spat. "What did you do to my vintage skirt!" Welp, I guess she noticed now.

"I jazzed it up," I replied. "Well, more like jazzed it down," I corrected. "It was too Amish goes to the club before," I grimaced. "You're welcome," I shrugged with a sweet smile.

"It's alright," she waved me off. "I haven't worn that skirt since fiancé number three," she smirked. Gross. "I think Derek will like what you did with it," she winked, to which I cringed, and mom mischievously chuckled.

"I know something you don't know," my mom sang in Gram's ear.

"What on earth are you babbling about Everleigh," Gram retorted not liking being out of the loop.

"Mom," I growled between my teeth behind a fake smile.

"Mom, what?" Gram persisted, looking back and forth between the two of us perturbed.

"Let's just say, Derek may not be the only one Ava is trying to impress tonight," she elusively replied, sprinkling puzzle pieces for Gram to try and solve.

"Mom!" I chastised, as if she were the daughter.

"What are you not telling me?" Gram asked, her glare boring into me. "Why would you want to impress anyone other than your betrothed, Derek."

"See," I reverted my gaze back to my mom, "And this is why I confide in Gram and not you. Blabber mouth," I muttered.

"Oh, come on," my mom snickered, finding this all too entertaining. "It's not a big deal," she tried to downplay her loose lips. "Ava has a crush on Andrew," she finally revealed, as I held my breath waiting for the Blanche avalanche.