Chapter 18

Chapter 18

We climbed down the staircase, into an alcove dug out of the side of the cliff looking out at the lake. Inside the carved earth was an expansive steamy hot tub that looked like a natural hot spring. The pool overflowed as the distant unfamiliar bodies in it swirled and splashed sending the water cascading over the edge into the lake making a real infinity pool at this black diamond estate.

"There's no Playboy bunnies in here but I still think Hugh Heffner would approve, don't you think?" Sarah commented as she dipped her feet into the bubbling grotto.

"This is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen," I marveled as I joined her soaking my feet in the lapping water. "What's this place like in the dark?" I asked as golden sun still managed to sneak inside the nooks and crannies to illuminate the cave.

"Tiki torches light up the perimeter around the cave, there's lights in the pool, and if you're really feeling frisky there's a disco ball that drops from the ceiling," she recited as if this were her place.

"Wow." I was actually amazed. Looking around I truly felt like I was one with the earth. Facing out at the opposing jagged side of the lake with the rippling current beneath, the hazy sun casting purple golden reflections on the water slightly illuminating the cave before it disappeared, the smell of damp rocks, all the warmth of the elements wrapped around me in such a pure way.

"Well, hello there ladies," a voice echoed over to us from the far side of the sunken in rock encased grotto. A dripping wet boy with a body carved of stone, fitting for the scenery, was sitting at the opposite end of the pool half out of the water with his long burley arms outstretched behind two clinging trollops. He stood up to walk through the water over to us, pushing his auburn hair out of his face with his wet hands, leaving the clingers boyless and pouty.

"Talan," Sarah greeted him. "Fancy meeting you here," she said as she sunk waist deep down into the water.

"You know this is my home away from home," he smirked. "I'm a few more ass kisses away from Uncle Bobby letting me rent this place out as my bachelor pad. And who is your new friend?" he grinned over at me.

"Talan this is Ava. Ava this is Talan Glass, he is cousins with the Blacks," she formally introduced us.

"Hi, nice to meet the Playboy of the grotto," I replied giving him a sly smile of my own as my bare legs glided in the water.

"Oh, you are definitely a Sarah Sparkles confidant," he said pleased. "Sassy and sexy, just the way she likes them. Rare find Sparks, good work," he teased splashing her playfully.

"You know I keep my circle small Tal," she charmed laying back in the pool to mermaid flip water at him with her feet as she floated back to the stairs on her back, her hair circling around her like a ring of fire.

The two other mystery girls in the pool disappeared behind a rock door behind the pool in silent rejection as Talan's attention was now focused elsewhere.

"So, do you actually plan on living here in the pursuit of channeling your inner Aquaman?" I asked, my question bouncing off the walls of the cave.

"Maybe," he winked rubbing his hand across his wet bronze chest. "There's a pool house type living quarters behind these stone walls that would make a sick man cave, literally," he beamed.

"I bet," I laughed.

"But then Uncle Bobby would probably come down here at all hours of the night to show me his latest diamonds," he rolled his eyes with a chuckle.