Chapter 19

Astrid waits then she hears footsteps. Heavy footsteps. The door opens and a fat man with a beard and large face opens the door.

"What do you want?" the fat man snaps.

"Oh... Um... is Hiccup here?" The man looks as if he is going to burst out laughing. He stifles it.

"Are you his friend?"

"Uh... yeah."

This time, he does laugh. 

Soon, another sound is heard. It doesn't sound like footsteps but Hiccup is stands at the bottom of the stairs. He can be seen by Astrid over the fat man's shoulder. Astrid smiles.

Hiccup's hair is all messed up, showing he just got up from bed. His face confirms said thought.

"Astrid?" he asks, his voice is hoarse. Astrid smiles. 

"Hey Hiccup."

The man turns to Hiccup, making Hiccup's face go blank. Astrid can sense something from the look in his eyes. She can't figure out what though.

"You have a friend?" he asks.

"Uh... Yeah. I guess so..." Hiccup says awkwardly.

"Hey Hiccup, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

"Uh... yeah. Sure. Lets go up to my room. As Astrid walks into the house, she realizes this looks just like the house from her dream. They walk up the stairs and into Hiccup's room. It's not what she realized. She thought his room would be a complete mess. Well it is, but in the corner of the room is a desk with mounds of crumpled up paper everywhere. 

Curious as to what would have caused all that paper, she decides to ask.

"Hey Hiccup?" She says, looking at him. He is sitting on the edge of his bed.

Astrid sits down in the desk chair. When he looks at her she continues

"Whats with all this paper?" Hiccup looks at her. "Oh... nothing. So what did you want to talk about?"

"Did I say I wanted to talk about anything?" Astrid says with sass.

"Well... I figured you wanted to talk about something because no one really ever comes over to talk."

"Fair enough. Um... I wanted to remind you that if you need anything, you can talk to me." Hiccup nods. "Just remember that." He nods again, but looking at her curiously. "I mean it." 

"I know. You told me four times already." Hiccup says while laughing a little.

"I know. Just saying." An awkward silence followed and moments pass before they jump at the sound of a door slamming.

"What do you want to do?" Asks Hiccup.

 *****

The two spend the rest of the day hanging out, and doing absolutely nothing. Astrid goes home later that night and goes to bed.

Little does she know...

She has another strange dream. 

Unlocking one big secret.

**Dream**

Astrid wakes up and realizes she is in a bed. She sits up, confused as to way she isn't in her room. The door bursts open and a little girl that looks around five, runs into the room with a huge smile on her face.

The little girl runs to the bed and jumps up and down. They girl looks at Astrid and worry crosses her face.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" 

Astrid shakes her head, snapping out of her thoughts and looks into those bright green eyes. Astrid smiles.

"Yeah. I'm okay?"

The little girl smiles again. "Can we have breakfast?" Astrid smiles again and gets out of the bed.

"I'll go wake up Finn." The little girl runs out of the room. Finn? 

Astrid walks over to the closet. She opens it up and looks inside. She pulls out a oversized sweater and goes to a dresser and pulls out leggings. She gets changed and brushes out her hair then braids her hair. She walks down the stairs to the kitchen. She sees the little girl at the table, drawing a picture. There is a little boy in spider-man footy pajamas, watching the girl. The boy has auburn hair and Astrid's bright blue eyes. He looks four or five. The boy must be Finn.

Then it finally hits Astrid. These are her children. And Astrid is married.

Who is the father then? 

And another thing hits her.

She still doesn't know the girl's name.

"Mommy?" Astrid snaps out of her thoughts again and looks at Finn. He is staring at her. So is the girl.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything. Lily did." Lily. Astrid likes that name. She looks at her daughter.

"I asked if you knew when daddy is going to get home." So Astrid isn't the only one that realized that it was only the three of them, with no father to help.

Is she a single mother? 

Is the father okay?

Who is he?

"I don't know sweetie. But he should be home soon."

Astrid can have a wild guess at who he is after looking at Lily's eyes and Finn's hair but can't be 100% sure.

Suddenly they hear the door open. It closes soon after. The kids faces instantly brighten and the dash out of their chairs and run for the door. Astrid, guessing the father of the children and her husband just walked through the door, starts toward the door.

What she sees totally confirms her guess.

There, tackled by two children...

Is none other than Hiccup Horrendous Haddock lll.

That means Astrid is Astrid Haddock.

***

Ello!

Whatcha Think?

So...

Sorry about how I ended my last chapter.

I was in a hurry to finish it.

By the time I was hurrying, was when I was doing the authors note.

I want to start something.

Each chapter, I write a fact about myself.

That's it for now...

PEACE!

Fact #1: I can sit on my butt for hours a day. But when it comes to school, I just want to run home.