Chapter 17

"Okay. Tuffnut, Truth or Dare?" Asks Snotlout.

"Dare!" he yells.

"I dare you to switch clothes with the person to your left." Tuffnut looks to his left and his smile drops.

"Your kidding me..." Next to him is his twin sister.

"No I'm not."

"Underwear and all?"

"Underwear and all." Says Snotlout with a smile that obviously says he is proud of his dare.

"I though it was a dare for him, not me?!" Ruffnut says with irritation in his voice.

The two stand up and walk to the bathroom. Right now, the gang is at the twins house, obviously, playing Truth or Dare. 

"Astrid. What are you doing?" Asks Fishlegs who's face is a look of concentration and hardly looking up.

Her head pops up. She looks confused. "What?" 

"I asked what you were doing. Your all focused on you phone and never looking up."

"Oh. I am trying to find something." True. She isn't really lying, she just isn't saying what she is looking for and why.

"Okay..." Says Snotlout.

Tuffnut and Ruffnut come back a few minutes later, wearing the other persons clothes. Neither look at all happy.

"Fishlegs. Truth or dare." Says Tuffnut sitting back down. Fishlegs looks at him.

"Truth."

"If you were to date anybody at our school, who would it be?"

"Dare!" Fishlegs yells right after Tuffnut finishes.

"I dare you to answer that question!"

"Fine." he mumbles but nobody heard.

"What was that?" Tuffnut asks, putting a hand to his ear.

"I said Ruffnut." Fishlegs says looking embarrassed.

"My sister..." Tuffnut says with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes. I said that, didn't I?"

"Whatever."

"Hiccup. Truth or dare."

"Truth."

"What was the last lie you told?"

"Yes Astrid. I would love to play Truth or Dare at the twins house."

"Hey!" Astrid yells, finally looking up.

"What?" Hiccup says looking at her. Astrid punches his shoulder.

"Ow!"

"That's for lying to me."

"You punch hard." Hiccup says rubbing his shoulder.

"Baby."

"Okay. Ruffnut. Truth or-"

Astrid stands up really quickly with a huge smile on her face. "Ruffnut come with me."

"But..."

"Come on. I found what I was looking for." Ruffnut stands up and follows Astrid of the room.

"What was that about?" asks Fishlegs. Everyone else shrugs. Snotlout stands up.

"What are you doing?" asks Tuffnut.

"Going to see what they are doing. Don't you want to know what they are talking about?" Everyone shrugs but no one else gets up. Snotlout walks away and Tuffnut gets up and follows.

Hiccup and Fishlegs sit there in silence. Neither bother to break the tension between the two. Fishlegs may not be like Snotlout or Tuffnut, but he never stood up for Hiccup. Before Snotlout moved to Wisconsin, Fishlegs and Hiccup were best friends. But that was in pre-k. Snotlout moved in Kindergarten. Then he met the twins and the three of them started picking on Hiccup. Fishlegs had a choice: either be friends with a talking fishbone and be another target for people to pick on, or be popular. Fishlegs said he won't hangout with Hiccup but he never picked on him. The two stopped hanging out and Fishlegs hasn't spoken to Hiccup much since.

***

Ello!

Whatca think?

Another piece from Hiccup's past.

I have something for you.

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:

The wife said she was sleeping.
The cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the post.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murderer. 

Who did it and how did they find out?

If you get it right, I will put you in dedications in the next chapter.

Good Luck!