Chapter 2

When Hiccup walks into class, everybody stares and whispers. Hiccup has never gotten this much attention and not sure how to react.

He sits in the back and imagines the horrible things he will hear and face when he gets home today. Someone sits next to him but doesn't say anything. He wonders why he doesn't run away.

No running away means he is running from his problems and shows he is weak. He already feels weak from the past, running away won't help. After this year, he is free. Free from school. Free from Snotlout. Free from Tom. Free from everyone who has made him feel worthless. He is told that everyday.

"Hello?" Hiccup snaps out of his thoughts.

"What?" Asks Hiccup looking up.

"You have been like that for a long time. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking."

"Oh."

The bell rings and everyone leaves. The rest of the day was eventful until lunch when Snotlout invited Hiccup to sit with at lunch. Hiccup walks to the table and sits there. Everyone else comes with food.

"Why don't you have food?" Asks Astrid who is siting next to him.

"No money."

"Oh. I can buy..."

"No. I don't like people sending money on me. It makes me feel like I am being spoiled and I don't want to feel like I owe them something."

"Are you sure because it's no problem."

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Whatever."

Lunch goes by quickly. So does the school day. Hiccup is walking to his car when he hears someone calling his name. He turn around and sees Snotlout and Tuffnut.

"Hey." Says Hiccup

"Hey. The group is hanging out. Do you want to come?"

'When you get back from school, I have something waiting for you.' He growls.

"Um... I can't."

"Please!" They beg.

"Uh... I guess."

"Okay. You know where I live right?" Asks Snotlout.

"Yeah."

"Okay. We will meet you there."

"Okay." The walk away and Hiccup gets into his car.

***

Hey Rolos!

You like?

Today, I was in my sisters room and I tripped over something and hit my back on the doorknob.

It really hurt.

That is going to be a nasty bruise.

Anyway...

Peace!