Chapter 14

"Hiccup. Who and what are you talking about?" Astrid says worriedly.

"Can you promise me something?" Astrid nods her head. "Don't tell this to anyone." Hiccup looks at her, she can see the pain in his eyes.

"I won't. I promise."

Hiccup takes a deep breath and looks at the ground. "When I was 11, my dad was always ashamed of me for how I acted. I was always picked on and beat up til I had to go to the hospital. He never cared for me. I was never the one to have friends. But one day when I got home from school, I saw my father and he looked so disappointed in me. He started yelling at me." Astrid didn't know what to say. Here was Hiccup with no father, and she was complaining how annoying her father is.

"But it was normal for him to yell at me for so long. but that night was different from others. He said that...that... um... he-"

"Hiccup. You don't have to finish if you don't want to."

"No. Its fine. But he said that I wasn't his son. He disowned me and left that night. He called my uncle and he has been watching me for the past eight years."

"Hiccup..."

"But I don't want pity. I have never told this to anybody and if anyone else finds out then it would be even worse for me."

"I wasn't going to give you pity." she spat. Hiccup sighed and looked down at the ground. Astrid quickly realized what she said and how she said and that Hiccup was also in a very fragile state then she knew it wasn't the right thing to say at the time.

"Hiccup. I'm sorry I said that but-"

"No its fine. But I have to leave." he says and gets up with struggle. 

"Hiccup. Please. I'm sorry. I know what I said wasn't what you wanted to hear, and it may not seem like I understand what your going through but I can be here for you."

He stops walking and turns around and looks at her. "Astrid. It is so much more then that. I have gone through so much that nobody can understand."

"Hiccup. You can trust me with anything." She pleads. 

"I know I can but this is something that shouldn't be told. I'm sorry." Hiccup's phone beeps. He looks at his phone. His eyes widen. "He knows I left." he mumbles. "I really have to go." He starts walking home. Astrid guessing he would run if it weren't for the crutches. 

She sighs. She stands up and starts walking home.

Maybe she could do something for Hiccup.

But she will need help.

And for that to happen, she needs Hiccup to trust her on this.

***

Happy New Years!

I'm not sure what else to say...

But what do you think Astrid is going to do?

Oh... I saw the Maze Runner!

At the end...

I was like...

'WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!'

Anyway...

PEACE!