Chapter 33

"You what?" Astrid yells.

"I told him what we were planning."

"But now it won't be a surprise! He can't keep a secret. Especially this big!"

"Yea I know that. I have known him forever but I made him keep quiet."

"Are you sure because if he tells anyone-"

"He won't... Hold on..."

Astrid hears silence through the phone. Then a curse from Ruffnut.

"What?" Astrid asks.

"He blabbed."

"To who?"

"Fishlegs and Snotlout..."

"He is going to tell everyone now!"

"I know..."

"I hate your brother."

"I know..."

*****

Hiccup wakes up to the annoying alarm clock. His back is sore but he ignores it.

Him and Astrid had asked what was wrong on Saturday but he just thought she was going to start yelling at him. He had enough yelling to last a lifetime.

He gets up and takes a shower after getting clothes. The water feels great on his back but knowing as soon as he drys off, the pain will come back.

After his shower, he gets dressed and ready for school.

He feels better than Saturday but everything still hurts.

His left eye is badly bruised and the cut on his lip is gone. He limps and his back feels like he was shot but other then that, he is fine.

He goes downstairs into the kitchen and gets his bag. He doesn't even bother getting breakfast.

He walks outside and waits-for the bus.

The bus.

Boy, is that an adventure.

*****

When he gets to school, it is just like every other day.

But some people are yet again, pointing and whispering.

But he thinks its just because of his bruises and limp.

He goes to homeroom after getting his stuff. He sits in an empty seat and waits.

The bells rings and morning announcements go on.

"Today, there is a morning assembly. Escort your homerooms to the gym at this moment. Thank you." They get up and walk to the gym. Hiccup sits at the top of the bleachers. None of his friends sit by him but he doesn't care at the moment.They announce that it is a pep assembly. The Basketball players run around the gym and shoot baskets. (A/N: Sorry I don't know how to explain it.)

When they are done, the track team runs around the gym and the principle calls out the names of the people who do track.

The principle talks for a while. Hiccup zones out. But when he starts talking about something,

"But one student, has had a hard time. But he walks around the school, head high and has a positive attitude. So, can I have Hiccup Haddock down here?" Eyes find him and stare. Hiccup stands up hesitantly and walks down beside the principle.

The only sound is his uneven steps. He has never heard the school so quiet. When he gets down there, he turns back to the crowd. He wonders if they can see how nervous he is. Everybody's eyes are on him and he doesn't like it.

"This boy has been in this district since pre-school. He has brought smiles to many people throughout his school years. His life hasn't been easy. At school and at home." Cue wince from Hiccup. "But I think it's time we change that. One student has spent weeks tracking done someone that no one else would have done. It has taken up a lot of her time. But she can to me and told me all of what she was looking for. I was thrilled when I heard her idea. And now, everything comes into place. But I can't tell you the surprise. I think everything would work better if we were to show you." Moments pass and gasps are heard. Some people start whispering. They look at Hiccup to something behind him. Becoming curious, he turns around and not believing what he is seeing.

A man about 6'7, large, long red beard and red hair, stands by the doors. Eyes are crinkled into a smile. He doesn't know when but he starts running. The man pulls him into a bone crushing hug but Hiccup couldn't care less. People start clapping from behind him.

"I'm proud, to call you my son."

"Thank you. I missed you, dad."

***

Haha!

Yep. I just did that.

But there will be a sequel.

Go on and cheer without me...

CHOA!

(OMG! I am soo sorry if the whole chapter doesn't show! Wattpad has been really stupid for me these past few days... I am so sorry...) :(