Chapter 23

BEEP BEEP BEEP

" Turn it off!" Yells Tom. 

Hiccup opens his eyes and slams his hand down on the snooze button. He is a nice person. You know, caring, kind, sweet, sensitive, the usual. But Hiccup is not a morning person. He hates waking up. He has a very good reason for not wanting to. Tom. 

Every day in summer, it was like school everyday. But since Tom stays home everyday in summer, he claims he has to deal with the worthless fishbone. He would beat Hiccup and lock him out of the house. But Hiccup didn't mind getting locked out. For one thing, he could get away from Tom. But when he was younger, his mom showed him this place behind their house. It's not like, looking out the backdoor and- BAM! There it is.

No.You have to walk but to Hiccup, I was no problem because it was where his mom would take him every weekend. She called it the cove. (A/N: I don't want to explain it. Because I will fail. Pic to side. ---->)

Hiccup groans and sits up. He is going to make himself walk without the crutches. He stands and limps to his closet. He gets a black and white paid button up shirt, jeans and a gray beanie. He gets dressed and tries to get his hair to stay down. Emphasis on tries. He brushes his teeth and puts on the beanie and walks downstairs. He gets his bag and grabs a muffin. He grabs his right shoe and puts it on. (A/N You guys already know he lost a foot but nobody at school does. He put a shoe over it. Don't ask how.)

He sits on a stool and just stares at his left leg. From the knee down is a metal prosthetic. But with his jeans going down to his heels make him look like he has no foot. Which he doesn't. But giving everyone at school at scare will be worth it. 

He smiles at the thought. About what Snotlout is going to say. Boy that's a sight he wants to see. He stands up and walks outside. He walks on the sidewalk. He hears the pounding of feet but he keeps on walking. Soon he feels a hand on his shoulder. Hiccup stops and turns around. He sees Fishlegs. 

"Hey Hiccup." Says Fishlegs. Hiccup smiles. He realizes he is finally taller than Fishlegs. But not by much. He is taller then a lot of people. He is actually taller then all of his female teachers. Not the same with the male teachers.

"Hey Fishlegs."

"Can I walk with you?" He asks. Hiccup nods. They start walking. Fishlegs sees Hiccup limping.

"Hiccup, are you okay?" Fishlegs asks and stops walking causing Hiccup to stop.

"Yea. Why?"

"Your limping."

"Oh... That. Right. Well, everyone will find out sooner or later." He smiles again at what everyone's reactions will be. He reaches down and grabs his pant leg just below the knee. He pull it up showing the prosthetic. Fishlegs gasps.

"What happened?" He ask after recovering from thew shock. Hiccup lets go and looks at the ground.

"I got in a car accident three months ago."

"You have been hiding that for three months?" Hiccup nods.

"Did it hurt?"

"I was out for most of it. Though I was told I was mumbling about it. They also said I had woken up a few times but didn't wake up officially."

"Does it feel weird?"

"It did. It still does but I'm starting to get used to it."

"I heard of this thing called phantoms pains. Its were you get a feeling of a body part that's not there any more.Like the brain hasn't processed the missing body part yet. I heard it hurts a lot." He looks at Hiccup. He looking at Fishlegs as if saying 'You had to say that?'

"Sorry." He grins sheepishly. 

"Well, now I have something to look forward to." Hiccup says sarcastically.

They reach the school. Nobody notices Hiccup but them he hears murmurs. He sees people pointing. He feels eyes staring through him.

He ignores them. He doesn't care that now they pay attention whenever he shows up with bruises and cuts,or now, a missing limb. 

He reaches his locker. He opens it and gets his things for his classes before lunch. He closes his locker and goes to homeroom. He goes to an empty seat and does nothing. He stares off into space. He does this often. 

When the bell rings, everyone stops talking and sits down. No one sits next to it but its not like he isn't used to it. He feels something hit the back of his head. He turns around and sees a crumpled up piece of paper on the floor.

He picks it up and opens it up. He sees a note and reads it.

You have a lot of explaining to do.

                                                        -Astrid

He sighs and gets out a pencil. He rights down and answer and throws it back.

He sits there the rest of the fifteen minutes and bell rings, signalling that they have to head to first hour. He gets his things and walks out the door. Nobody pushes him up to a locker. Nobody laughs at him. Nobody teases him. And Hiccup doesn't know what to think.

He walks into the art room and sits at a round table. He sets his stuff down and waits for the bell to ring. When it does, he finally realizes that Astrid is sitting on his left and Ruffnut on his right. He looks down.

"Okay. Today, we will be drawing what represents you. It can be anything you want it to be." Says Miss Williams. This is why he likes art so much. He draw what he feels. And nobody can judge him about it. But now that someone is at the same table with him, he feels restricted.

He gets out his journal and a pencil. He pencil dances across the paper. He knows what he is going to do. 

He draws a boy in a ball. He is in a dark corner. He hears words. Names. Insults. 

Words like: Worthless. Fishbone. Wimp. Coward. Scrawny. Weak.

They float around. Taunting him. Putting him down. When he already has a hard life at home, school just adds to it. The boy has dark thoughts. Never has he felt loved.

When Hiccup finished, he stares down at the drawing. It represents on so many levels. 

"Hiccup?" He turns around startled. He sees Miss Williams. He sees concern in her eyes. 

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Hiccup nods. He flips over his paper and stands up. They walk out into the hall.

"Hiccup. I saw your picture. Your very good but what was with all those words?"

Hiccup looks down.

"Hiccup. Are you being treated well at home?"

Hiccup doesn't want anyone to know that he is abused at home. Nobody would believe him. But what about a 22 year old art teacher? Perhaps the nicest teacher in the school. But Tom made it very clear that he must not tell anyone or he will punch the lights out of him.  

But Miss Williams has been nice to him for four years. And she knows he can trust her but she also knows that Hiccup doesn't trust people easily. 

"Yes. I am."

***

Ello!

So...

Whatcha Think?

Kay, this chapter is probably the longest one I have written.

You peoples have to deal with it.

JK.

I don't have school today!

PEACE!

Fact #5: I am 5'8. So I am taller than all but three of my teachers. I am taller than my 15 year old sister and as tall as my mom.