Chapter 26 ~ Fire, Rescue & Spirit

Akiza pushed her duel runner's engine to the max, racing through the streets as fast as she could to get to the twin's house, stopping at an intersection due to traffic she tapped her fingers anxiously and lightly revved her engine, getting ready to go. The sky was still blanketed by storm like clouds but there was no rain. Looking around she took a double take in the distance in the higher section of the city, she could see a faint orange glow which reflected off the city buildings nearby, she didn't think much of it until she overheard a conversation from a few bystanders on the path next to the road.

"It's so terrible, I hope everyone's alright." An older woman said.

"I know, everyone who's seen it said it was the worst they'd ever seen." A middle aged man piped in.

"I just hope the fire services can put it out." A young woman added.

Fire services?! Akiza thought to herself in surprise as anxiety grew, she had a sinking feeling in her gut.

"Hey, excuse me, I heard you mention something about a fire, do you know where it is?" Akiza pleaded.

"Oh, why it's the big manor house on the hill, they say it's a pretty bad blaze, it must be if you can see the glow even from here." The older woman answered.

Akiza didn't give herself time to answer as she revved her engine and took off instantly, swerving and turning to avoid cars that were still driving by, ignoring the honks and shouting from angry drivers. She knew it was the twin's house and that them and Aria were in deep trouble, the dark duellists had to have played a part in this but she couldn't understand why they'd go to levels of this severity and attempt to kill children. Akiza set a call directing to Yusei's runner, she didn't want to give them news like this but she knew she had to let them know what was happening.

-

Yusei heard the ringtone of his runner come through and clicked answer when he saw it was Akiza calling him, he prayed for good news.

"Akiza, what's going on?" Yusei asked.

"It's not good Yusei, I overheard some people in the street talking about a fire at a manor house on the hill above most of the city, I'm on my way to Leo and Luna's place now and I'm nearly there, the closer I get the more smoke there is, get here as fast as you can!" Akiza explained before hanging up so she could focus on getting to the house faster.

Yusei felt his heart fall into his stomach, his fists turned white under his gloves as he gripped the handles of his runner harder in rage. The dark duellists had tried to kill his friends, they tried to kill innocent children and the woman he had grown feelings for, he knew he was not going to let this slide. Before he would lose control he relayed the information to his friends.

"They set the damn place on fire, whoever attacked them, they set the house on fire, do not try and hold me back if whoever is responsible is still there!" Yusei said in a vengeful tone as he increased the speed of his runner not giving Jack and Crow a chance to answer him.

Jack and Crow exchanged troubled glances before nodding and speeding up to catch up to Yusei.

-