Chapter 20 - The Meeting

"You all have failed utterly miserably, I expected more from all 3 of you, yet you managed to get yourself defeated by a bunch of children!" The echo of the cloaked man's rage filled voice hit his subordinates ears like intense drums. His voice was deep and hoarse.

"But sir, they are still signers and they have already dealt with many threats, it wasn't exactly going to be easy fights you put us up to." The duellist who faced Yusei and Aria argued, a drop of sweat falling down his forehead. 

"He's right, plus, it wasn't exactly like they were all alone, the psychic Akiza was, but when we attacked Yusei and Jack they had this girl with them duelling." The duellist who attacked Jack and Aria added.

"Akiza was powerful on her own though I hate to admit it, with whoever this girl is by her side I doubt I'd have stood any chance at all by the sounds of it

"Akiza was powerful on her own though I hate to admit it, with whoever this girl is by her side I doubt I'd have stood any chance at all by the sounds of it." Akiza's enemy piped in.

Their boss took a deep, agitated breath and turned to face each of them, clenching his knuckles

"Kek, Sidero, Manson, clearly I was wrong about your skills, I suppose though I can take into account that two on one can create the advantage on their side. However Sidero, you failed against a girl alone, why should I trust you to go out there and duel for me again?" 

"Master Ryuu, please, they are signers, they have the signer dragons, some of the most powerful beasts in the world, even facing them on their own is a difficult task, but now we know more about their strategy we can be better prepared, I beg you please don't be rid of me!" Sidero pleaded to his master on his hands and knees in their dark, but enormous chamber.

Ryuu stood tall with a look of deep thought on his face as his team waited anxiously for what his next words would be.

"Fine then. Each of you shall have another chance, but fail me again and I won't be so merciful. However none of you shall be the next to duel. Namira, step forward." Ryuu spoke with authority and as he did a cloaked woman came forward out of the shadows after previously leaning on the wall listening to the whole debate.

"Yes, father?" She replied, bowing her head slightly.

"This new friend of the signers needs to be dealt with, she's an unexpected hurdle in our way of defeating them, think you can take her out?"

"I will do my best father, and if I cannot defeat her, I will bring to you all the information I can about her strategies."

"It is imperative you duel her alone, she must not be with any of the other signers who she can assist or be assisted by, do you understand?" 

"I do father, I will not let you down." 

-

Aria was back at the Satellite with Yusei, Jack and Crow, a couple days had passed since Aria got back from the day out with Akiza and Luna, defeating a bully in a duel and giving her Coral Dragon away to the young boy who was being bullied. All the guys were amazed at her bravery, kindness and generosity of that day, Yusei in particular praised her many times for it, noting it was incredibly selfless and that she should be proud of herself for what she did. Aria of course brushed off his praises, always feeling undeserving of them.

It was a quiet morning and Aria was keeping herself busy by washing up some dishes and cups, She was so preoccupied and in a world of her own she didn't notice anyone walking up to her.

"Hey Aria, do you want me to finish those up for you?" Yusei's voice snapped her out of her day dream but unfortunately made her jump and drop the plate back into the soapy water filled sink, splashing droplets and suds all over her.

"Ahhhh Yusei, don't sneak up on me like that!" Aria yelled, turning around to show him the state of her shirt. 

"Oh gosh Aria I'm so sorry, here, lemme finish those whilst you get dried up." Yusei said in a guilty panic.

"Ah ah ah, I can handle this." Aria retorted.

"Aria I scared you and got you splashed with water, the least I can do is finish the washing up for you."

Aria paused for a moment and turned to look at Yusei with an innocent smile, before he could react or say anything though he suddenly felt a splash of water hit his face and chest. His now wet strands of hair stuck to his face and his shirt darkened where it had been hit by the water, small suds slowly trickled down his face as he brushed his hair out of the way in shock. Taking a small soap sud on her finger,  Aria poked it onto his nose and put her hands behind her back with a smirk on her face.

"There, now we're even, Fudo." She stated plainly, winking once and still smirking.

"Wh...why you!" Yusei exclaimed playfully as he reached forward to the sink to splash Aria again, unfortunately he had forgotten to take note of the water on the floor, leading to him slipping and falling forward knocking right into Aria as she landed on the kitchen floor with Yusei fallen on top of her. 

Yusei steadied himself up with his arms, realising very quickly he was hovering above Aria, but instead of moving quickly, he found himself looking down at her face. Her scrunched up nose and tightly closed eyes reflecting the pain from the fall, her long brown hair spread out around her head with some stray locks stuck to her face. Before long she opened her hazel eyes and looked back up at him, a rosy tint flushing across her cheeks. He couldn't deny it to himself, she was beautiful, even if she had just been splashed with soapy water. 

"Ehem, uh, Yusei." Aria's voice brought him back to his senses.

"Oh right, yeah, sorry, are you okay, not hurt right?" He mumbled, finding his own cheeks heating up from the awkward situation. He stood himself up carefully and offered a hand to Aria to help her off the floor. 

"Don't worry I'm fine, well, since we both made this mess we might as well clean it up together eh? I'll get something for us to dry all this up with" Aria said gesturing to the floor and giving Yusei a gentle elbow to the side as she left the kitchen to go to the bathroom to gather some towels for them to dry the floor with. 

When Aria was out of sight Yusei heavily sighed and ran his hands over his face, leaning back against the kitchen counter, tapping his fingers on it in deep thought, smiling away to himself.

"You like her don't you dude." Yusei was brought back to reality by the voice of his friend.

"Huh what?"

"I said, you like her don't ya Yusei." Crow stated, winking at his friend.

Yusei was taken aback, feeling heat rising in confusion and embarrassment to his face in response to Crow's assumption.

"Wh...what are you talking about Crow, haven't you been listening?" 

"No, I've been watching." Crow answered, patting his friend on the shoulder and then leaving the kitchen to work on his runner in the garage, leaving a flustered Yusei to his thoughts.