Chapter 27 ~ Discovering the Truth

"If...If you're Dr. Fudo, then you're...Yusei's father right?" Aria asked in disbelief.

Dr. Fudo slowly nodded in response.

"Yes, I am, and I have been watching you and him closely, you seem to have made quite the impression on my son." He replied, forming a smile.

Aria wasn't sure if she was physically able to blush in her current state but she felt flustered at his comment.

"But I have some more urgent matters to discuss with you. Please follow me" Dr. Fudo continued, his voice more serious this time as he turned around and began walking away further into the mysterious realm they were in. Aria rushed to catch up, walking just behind him.

"What is it? And, how is any of this possible, how am I even able to be speaking with you right now in this place, am I dead?" Aria asked.

"No, Aria, you're not dead. I brought you here whilst you were in your coma state, with the help of the Crimson Dragon." 

"Wait- the fire! Are Leo and Luna okay? What happened to me? Last thing I remember was the ceiling falling on top of me!" 

"The children are fine thanks to you, and you are too, the one called Namira got you out."

Aria was dumbfounded when she heard what Dr. Fudo said.

"Namira...saved me?" She responded, her surprised tone echoing around them.

"Yes. It seems that her father's actions spoke a number of volumes to her, however this could mean she's in trouble and Ryuu will undoubtedly be watching his daughter closely if he's made aware of what she did, so tread carefully if you come across Namira again." Dr. Fudo warned. 

"Do you know where I am right now? In the real world I mean?" 

"You're currently in the New Domino main hospital being treated for your injuries, only in your deeply unconscious state was I able to bring your spirit here so that I could talk with you. It's time you learned the truth." 

Dr. Fudo and Aria stopped walking as they came to a bizarre yet strangely beautiful place in the void they were travelling through. There was mysterious circles decorated with unusual diagrams inside, they floated around a single point, turning in different directions, they seemed to have a sudden, soft glow emanate every second that passed, almost like a beating heart.

"What is this place Dr. Fudo?" Aria asked as she stood still beside him.

"This is the place in the spirit world in which you can see time flowing in the real world, these mystical cogs are what keep all the different timelines stable. However, ever since you arrived, they've not been acting as they should." Dr. Fudo explained.

"What do you mean? Is it my doing?" Aria answered in a troubled voice as she looked into Dr. Fudo's eyes, waiting his response.

"Well...yes and no, yes when you arrived is when things started acting strange here, but no, it's not your fault. Had you not arrived at all, things would have taken a turn for the worse as they had done in your future. You came here to accomplish something incredibly important to save the time you came from." 

"Wait...my future? You know where I came from and why I ended up in that stadium that day?" 

"I do."

Aria couldn't help but feel some level of anger inside her, Dr. Fudo knew everything about her yet after everything she and the others had been through, neither him or the Crimson Dragon made it clear to her.

"Dr. Fudo, I lost my memories, the most precious part of me, I was lost and terrified, I had no idea who I was or where I came from. Me, Yusei and the others have been through hell and back, the twins almost died, how couldn't you have told me all of this before now?" Aria asked, her voice filled with anger but she held herself back from yelling.