Chapter Ten

Desperately Seeking My Mate

Chapter Ten

Feeling a cold chill running through my body, I opened my eyes to check Marissa was still there. However, I wasn’t awake because there right in front of me stood my biggest fear. The faceless rogue, only this time his body was lying heavily on top of me. I kept opening and closing my eyes hoping I would wake up. It was know use though, because every time I closed my eyes I could feel the extra pressure that he would push against my body. His scent alone was sickening alone without the extra hardness I could feel forming between his legs. I began chanting repeatedly in my head to try to wake up, as well as fighting him off. Nevertheless, I just couldn’t shake him off or even wake up for the life of me. It was as if I was trapped in between two worlds.

Feeling his cold breath against my face sent cold chills down my spine. “Oh my little Jasmine. Stop fighting me off, you know deep down you want me. The sooner you accept me the easier it will be for you. Your own living mate rejected you tonight yet you still want to fight with me. I must admit it is a bit of a turn on. However, we haven’t much time left. When are you going to realise you’re not wanted by him and accept me as your mate?” he asked. His deep husky voice sent unpleasant cold shivers down my spine. Horrified by his closeness he began pushing against me harder. He rubbed his body up and down mine. I felt so dirty and disgusted as he continued to rub me up sexually.

 I continued to fight him off the best I could but he was just too strong. Coldness soaked through my trembling body. Terrified of what I was going to see I slowly opened my eyes. Relief flooded through me as this time I saw Marissa. Her arms were still wrapped around me.  Immediately making me feel safe.  I said a silent prayer to thank the gods for my safety.

Staring down at myself, I saw that the coldness I had felt was not part of my nightmare. As  Richard was standing over me holding a now empty jug. That I guess was once filled with cold water, as I was totally soaked. Richard was nervously smirking at me while he rubbed the back of his neck. “Hmmm… I’m sorry. It was the only thing I had left to wake you up.” He told me nervously. If it weren’t for the circumstances right now, I would have laughed at seeing the Alpha acting so nervous.   

“Jasmine, I need to ask he didn’t hmmm, I mean he didn’t manage to complete the hmm.” I cut Richard off knowing exactly what he wanted to know. “No, however, I think that was all thanks to you drowning me.” I replied truthfully because the way he was pushing harder up against me I could feel how excited he was. “I’m sorry about that but at least we managed to get to you in time.” he apologized. The look of relief was clear on his face.

The next few days was spent with always someone by my side, just in case something happened. The nightmares had been getting so much more intense and with not having much sleep my body was becoming weaker. So much so that I was finding it harder to fight the faceless rogue, off of me. Last night was the worst though as he had completely stripped me down and was just about to complete the mating when Richard managed to wake me up. All day the nightmare has been haunting me. Emotionally I was a wreck I kept praying I could find my mate soon because I really didn’t know how much more I could take.

Chase hadn’t been back since the first night I stayed here.  Although I thought, he was my mate. I still wasn’t a hundred per cent. As I didn’t want to believe the man in my nightmares but then again he has never lied to me either. Yes, he had told me my mate had rejected me. But it could have been someone else. I kept telling myself. Nevertheless deep down I knew Chase was the one, even though I was hoping he wasn’t. Because what mate could leave their mate in the state that I was in that night.

Hearing Roxanne bellowing my name out broke me from my torturing thoughts. Every day when she returned from school, she would come to see me and keep me company. Over the past few days, every moment I spent with her I felt normal. It was like I didn't have a care in the world. As she came barrelling into my room she had the biggest smile across her face. “Hey, what’s got you looking so cheerful?” I asked wiggling my eyebrows at her. Her cheeks turned bright red as she blushed. “I’ve found my mate. Well I suppose he found me.” She squealed. My heart sunk at hearing her words, I quickly recovered my numb state by putting a smile on my face. “WOW congratulations. How did you find him?” I asked. As Roxanne had not turned sixteen yet, she still had another couple of months to go.” Have you told your parents?” I asked my voice sounding strange even to my own ears.

Thankfully, though Roxanne was too excited to notice. She shook her head frantically from side to side. “No I wanted you to be the first to know.” She replied giving me a sheepish smile. My heart melted at her wanting me to know first. She really made me feel special.  Something I hadn’t felt in a while. “We met at school. Oh Jasmine, he’s so perfect.” She said looking dazed. “Jasmine” A voice I didn’t recognised called. “Oh my god Jasmine it’s him, MY MATE.” Roxanne squealed while practically bouncing up and down. I couldn’t help but laugh at the way she was acting.

She didn’t even wait for him to knock as she ran across the room and virtually dived into his arms. “Hey beautiful missed me?” he asked her as he caught her and spun her around. I really envied Roxanne right now. As I so desperately wanted to have some one to love, hold and look at me the way he looked at her. It was as if she was the most precious thing in the whole world to him.

Once Roxanne had introduced us, Roxanne and Leon left to go and tell her parents the great news.

I hated the feeling of being alone; once upon a time, I used to love having some alone time. However, now a days being alone scared the hell out of me. In the back of my mind, always lingered the fear of me falling asleep.  As if it wasn’t for someone always being with me to wake me up, I would’ve been mated already.

Believe me as much as I wanted a mate, faceless piece of crap was definitely not, what I wanted. Flopping my exhausted body back onto my bed, I started thinking, that was another reason I hated being alone. Lying there staring up at the ceiling I pleaded and prayed to the gods to help me find my mate. As I had a strong feeling that I wouldn’t be able to hold the faceless dirty rogue off for much longer. It seemed as if every time I slept he was growing stronger and the pull towards him was starting to increase. It wasn’t a pull that you could describe as pleasurable or even exciting. Like you'd expect from your mate. It was more of a pull that you would want to fight and without the pleasure. Truthfully, it was hard to explain because even I couldn’t quite work out what my body was trying to tell me.

Feeling my eyelids starting to get heavy I pushed myself up from my bed and went and splashed cold water over my face. Looking in the mirror at my reflection my heart stopped as bile rose in my mouth.  My body shook violently making me collapse to the floor, by the person that was staring back at me. Finding my voice I left out a heart-wrenching scream hoping someone would hear me anyone as I cried out hysterically.

Loads of Loves and appreciate for all of  your support :)

Mel x