Chapter Thirty~seven

Chapter Thirty~Seven

 I linked my arm through Roxanne’s for support, as I still hadn’t healed fully. Thankfully, though with my wolves healing powers, I was healing allot quicker then I would’ve if I had still been human. As we walked into the kitchen all the chatting, I could hear only moments ago stopped. It was so silent that I could even feel Roxanne tense up beside me. “This doesn’t look good,” I thought to myself as everyone just sat there staring at us. “You two took long enough come and sit down breakfast is ready,” Marissa (Roxanne’s mum) said.

 I could tell Marissa was just trying to break the awkward silence, however, it wasn’t working. The room just became even tenser with the awkward silence as well  as everyone’s eyes on us. Thankfully though, Roxanne must have felt uncomfortable as well as she dragged me along behind her to the table.

We both took a seat beside a very worrying looking Richard. Looking around the room, I became more anxious as I noticed Chase or Caleb wasn’t here. Everyone else was here, even some of the elders that weren’t usually here. “Hmm…Where’s Chase and Caleb?” I asked slightly panicked. Richard just stared at me as if he was trying to think of what he was going to say. Hearing someone clearing their throat, I looked over towards them. “I’ve asked Chase to go and look for Caleb.” Paul spoke up whilst giving Richard a knowing look. Roxanne must have felt how worried I was as she placed her hand on top of mine giving it a slight squeeze. My stomach had felt as if it had shot up into my mouth as I began fearing the worst.

 What if Caleb thought I didn’t love him and I drove him off? I wonder if it’s because he hurt me? Thoughts of where and why  Chase had to go find Caleb had left my head spinning with worry and questions I desperately wanted to ask. Nonetheless, the intenseness in the room made me keep my mouth shut, now was definitely not the time, I thought to myself.

Chase’s Pov

I laid in bed just cuddling and staring at Jasmine. She looked so peaceful. I was so angry with Caleb that if I was to see him right now, I would more than likely kill him. The only thing that was stopping me was Jasmine.

If I killed him, it would be just like killing Jasmine, as he is still her mate. As much as I tried to get my head around why he had hurt her, I couldn’t. This has never been heard of ever, mates where meant to protect them and love them unconditionally not hurt them or in Jasmine’s case nearly kill her.

The doctor had told us she was very lucky as if the wood had gone in a little more to the left it would have gone straight through her lungs. Which the doctor or her wolf wouldn’t have been able to heal.

 Just sitting here looking at her and thinking over what had happened had my blood boiling and my wolf clawing to get out. “Chase my office now.” I heard my dad order me through the packs link. I was shocked to hear my dad using his alpha tone. Quickly slipping out of my bed whilst making sure not to wake Jasmine, I began heading towards my dad’s office. I was a little anxious as for one, my dad very rarely uses his alpha tone on me and second, I could feel his worry even panic flowing through our link.