Chapter fifteen

Not long after this encounter with the new Queen, sis Anne finish settling into her new apartments that she had come to know were connected to Charles's room when they are at court. She and Charles had been finishing putting on the finishing touches on their plans for their honeymoon, what would be done with Elizabeth while they were away until they returned to protect her against anything the Queen might do.

Because Anne wasn't going to take any chances with her darling daughter after confirming her suspicions of Jane's motives after experiencing the physical pain from Jane's own hands.

Anne and her ladies were just finished packing for the honeymoon and for afterward when they would spend time at Charles's residence in Suffolk for a period so Anne may make herself comfortable and associated with her new home and step-children.

This was finally becoming real to Anne. She was going to have step-children. Step-children that she was sure were going to dislike her—but dislike her to what amount she wasn't sure. Would they hate her like she was sure their mother, Charles's late wife and Henry's sister, Mary, hated her?

Anne was lost in thought when she felt hands gently placed on her shoulders and a kiss placed on her cheek by her left ear. She couldn't help but smile as she turned into her "assailants" embrace and wrapped her around his shoulders as she nuzzled her face into his chest.

"My dear. How are you today my lovely soon to be wife?"

"Wonderful but nervous I have to admit."

Charles raised a hand to under Anne's chin and lifted it so they could look each other in the eyes. "Why are you nervous?"
"I'm nervous about what will happen to Elizabeth while we are on our honeymoon on then settling in at your residence to meet your children and become accustomed to your house, land, and your tenants. I want to make a good impression and be liked. I don't want the people of Suffolk to hate me like it seems so many in the kingdom do. I want to do good, build schools so the children of your estates can have opportunities to grow and advance in what they can be offered in life."

"My dear . . . first of all, they will be your children shortly and don't keep stressing yourself if they will like you. I can see the fumes seeping from the top of your pretty head. They will grow to love you as I have. And I will support you in anything you want to do to 'our' estates and if opening up schools to the tenant's children is what you want to do, I will support, all you need do is ask."

"Thank you my dear. Now . . . I believe we have a meeting with the King to announce what our plans are and any requests we have, especially with Elizabeth" Anne said as she reached up and kissed his chin.

"You are right" he sighed, "might as well get it over with. I cannot wait to be married to you".

"You won't have to wait much longer Charles. Now let's go so we may take a walk afterwards and have dinner in my chambers tonight so we can square away anything else for the next few days before we depart."

"After you, milady" Charles whispered in her ear as he offered Anne his arm and they made their way to King Henry's announcement chambers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                          ***

Thank you all so much for waiting and being patient for this update. University has been nuts while still dealing with COVID restrictions--as I'm sure you all know. 

So stay safe out there. Please continue to follow this story, like, comment and share. And please understand I am a University student and I will try and update when I can. 

Thank you all so much again!