Chapter two

Rumors floated throughout the court. Many of them questioning why Henry was giving mercy to the whore Anne Boleyn. And what didn't help was Henry never confirmed or denied these rumors. And what made it worse was the only one's that knew the truth surrounding the matter where Henry, Anne, her family, and Cromwell. And at the same, Cromwell was working on the betrothal for his majesty to Jane Seymour, as well as the betrothal contract for Anne and the proposal for the Princess Elizabeth's' special title by order of the King.

Henry called for Brandon after breakfast to his apartments to discuss some matters. A few minutes latter Brandon arrived and greeted his friend and king. "Your majesty, you summoned me?"

"I need you to travel to Hatfield to bring the Princess Elizabeth and the Lady Mary to court immediately," says henry before sadly asking, "And how are my nieces and nephews fairing after the passing of my dear sister?"

"They are still mourning like myself, but at least I still have Eleanor and Henry with me," Brandon says remembering the love for his late wife and also how his eldest daughter is already married.

Henry says happily, "They shall be welcomed at court during these times," before sending a page to Suffolk.

"of course, your majesty. I shall leave immediately," said Brandon as he bows and starts to leave.

Henry then shouts out for one of his pages "Go retrieve Cromwell and bring him here," finally figuring out a title to give Elizabeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cromwell arrives with the divorce papers for Henry and Anne along with a spare to make any changes wished by the King. "Your majesty, how may I be of assistance?"

"I have come to the conclusion of her title," henry said after taking a rather large gulp of wine.

Cromwell sits down at a desk and starts writing down Henry's demands. "It shall be written that Elizabeth will be given the title of Princess Royal. She shall receive her own livery of white and purple with a gold out line of the Tudor rose sewn onto the livery. As well as her household shall be doubled, and Her Highness shall be known as Her Highness Princess Elizabeth of England the Princess royal which she shall hold until when she is married."

"Is that all your majesty?" asks Cromwell.

"Also create three separate betrothals for Anne and each of the three men," Henry says as he hands him a folded piece of parchment. "You shall burn this after you memorize these three names in front of me. We do not need more scandal than already," Henry said turning away to do paper work on his desk.

Cromwell opened the piece of parchment and read the three names: Lord Henry Percy the Earl of Northumberland, Sir Anthony Denny, and Lord Charles Brandon the Duke of Suffolk. He then quickly burned the piece of parchment and left to write up the proposals ordered by the king.