Chapter nine

Last night Henry had approached me and told me that I had the choice between three men of his choosing to pick as my new husband after our divorce was finalized and he married the Lady Jane. Out of the three choices, I choose Lord Charles Brandon. Henry brought Charles in and he agreed. I knew he only did it to please his King, but I would hope we can come to some sort of agreement for the future. I just need to explain my side to him so we can at least get rid of any outright hatred that lay between us.

{The next morning after the feast...}

My ladies woke me up around 6 in the morning as I had instructed them before I retired last night so I may take a stroll through the gardens to clear my head.

My mind kept wandering from the different scenarios of what may happen to not only myself but to Elizabeth. I know Henry assured me that with all of his love for our daughter was infinite that she would be treated with all the love in the world; it is not him I fear of changing his mind, it is his mistress, I fear.

His mistress, his next wife after we are divorced. I fear she and her family will get their claws into henry, I fear they will somehow twist his actions into their favor of what they want, will somehow get henry to endanger the safety of Elizabeth's well-being.

I had been walking through the paths of the garden for over an hour when I saw lord Brandon walking towards me in his own thoughts.

"Good morning milord, I trust you are doing well?"

"Yes, your majesty I am. I hope you are doing well yourself in this fiasco we are going through in this trying time."

"I am, thankyou for inquiring. Milord, I know we have not always seen eye-to-eye, and I know you were never a fan of me being with the King and ruining the marriage between him and Queen Katherine. But you must know, I do and did love the King. Always. But I do hope we can resolve our issues Lord Brandon."

"Your majesty, I may not have always liked you and especially after the King divorced the late Queen. But I have grown to respect you more now than I did when we first met. Now that I think of my lady, I have not held such hatred towards you only, but I think it has been more driven towards your uncle and your father. I've seen them and the way they act and then I have seen the way you stiffen at their approach towards you to do anything to attract more attention of the King. I saw the way you looked at the King and I knew you loved the King. So, I hold no ill will toward you and I hope we can live a happy life together, once we are married. And God willing, if you wish, we may be blessed with children, I have a feeling you wish for siblings for your daughter Elizabeth."

"I am glad we have cleared the air then between us. I am surprised you watched my movement and intentions so intently when my father and uncle always pushed what they wanted in means of power and motifs of the King through me, so I am glad that you hold no ill will of me any longer. And yes I would be willing to have children by you, and I hope to be able to give you many children, hopefully sons."

"An-, Your majesty, I do not require sons out of you, all I wish is for, any of the children blessed between us, be healthy. Boy or girl, I will love them all the same. I hope to be a good father to the children we may have and to Elizabeth if you allow it."

"I would dearly love for you to be a father figure to Elizabeth. I know Henry says he loves Elizabeth and he shows no signs of doing anything against that but I fear what the Seymour's will change his mind and actions."

"Then we are settled. May I walk you back inside to the great hall for breakfast."

"You may milord."