Chapter thirteen

That evening, as Anne and her ladies in waiting, were fiddling around placing all of Anne's possessions in their rightful homes in her new chambers that she and her household moved into over this past week. Anne was rushing around, trying to get everything back to normal as much as possible. At least until she and Charles got married and she would once again have to move everything that she owned in her life to Charles's residence in Suffolk.

Later that same evening after getting most of her possession put away and dismissing most of her non-essential maids, only leaving her inner-circle of ladies to tend to her; Anne was finally able to relax for the evening. She was sitting inside the inner chamber of her rooms by her fireplace reading one of her many favorite books. She was so engrossed in her reading that she didn't notice someone coming into her rooms.

Just as she heard the final sound of a heel hitting the floor near her, she was struck on the side of her face by a small hand. As she fell to the floor, grasping the side of her face, she was rolled over forcefully to end up staring up at the lady Jane. Nay, "Queen" Jane.

"Well, well, well, the King's thrown away whore. How does it feel? To be pushed aside just as our dearly beloved late Queen Katherine? Except, you never deserved to be honored with the title Queen. I will not only show the King but also the subjects of England that I am Henry's rightful queen and I will produce the King his long-awaited son. Unlike you, who failed to do so. "Jane said, all the while tracking towards Anne on the floor who was pushing herself towards the wall near the fire to serve as some sort of protection from the fuming, she-wolf.

Anne was trying to form a response but was so caught in shock that she could not form one for the life of her.

"What," said Jane, "Can't speak? Realize that I'm right? Well, I should hope so after not only having the King banish and desert his rightful wife and his daughter and heir but also for everything you have done not only towards me but the people of England."

"And what makes you think that you will be so different. You are not only from a lower standing in nobility than me, you have not had the formal education befitting a lady of any standing but also that befitting a Queen." Anne said as she managed to finally stand herself up and walking dangerously close towards the Queen. "I will respect and accept you as Queen, one for Henry's sake but also when you manage to produce the long-awaited son and heir. Because milady, I do hope you have better luck in that department than Henry's last two Queens. I want you to remember and keep in the back of your mind that if you fail, which I am sure you might as a sign of justice to my sacrifices for England, keep your head about you when Henry takes his mistresses. As he did with me and he will most certainly do towards you, Henry is King and has a King's appetite which not even you can curve with your meek and submissive personality. Because if he cannot get what he wants from you, he will achieve if by other means if necessary. For you have seen it happen between him and me."

When Anne was finished, you could see Jane and every bit of strength leave her body at that last comment. Seeing this effect Jane so dearly made her feel a sort of victory. She then took another step towards Jane and starred her down as she said, "Now your majesty, I suggest that you return to your new bridegroom and manage someway for yourself to please the King and not leave this chief duty of yours to accomplish for a random lady to do instead. For, I fear that it will only show the court and the whole of England that your as much a whore as some considered me to be. So, I bid you a good evening and bid you to leave my chambers, madam."

Jane could only stare at Anne and take in her comment, realizing to some extent that Anne was right. Giving a rightful bow to the Lady Anne and mother to the current heir of England and made her way out of Anne's chambers and made her way to her new chambers shared with Henry, to try and accomplish her most cherished duty to conceive a son.

Anne made her way back towards her seat in her comfy chair by the fire. She called for one of her ladies to retrieve her a cold towel while not showing any sign of her wound to her lady to see. She began to drift off into deep thought when a lady of hers announced her fiancé.