Chapter ten

We made our way back into the castle and we departed when one of my lady's maid found me in the hall entrance and began leading me back to my new chambers. As my maid and I were walking back I turned my head back, to look at the fleeting form of Lord Brandon.

'I could be happy with him', I thought to myself, 'how could I have treated him in such a harsh way when he was just had the best interest of his King at heart. I hope we can fully move past our less than joyful altercations and that we can get along.'

The rest of the day went normal with myself reading and my ladies were unpacking the items that I will need until I marry Lord Brandon and some of my ladies were repacking the items I wouldn't need in the remaining time I would be at court until Brandon decides whether I would remain at court with him in chambers connected with his or would he prefer I move into his estate in the country.

That's when an announcer came into my rooms, "His Majesty the King".

Henry walked in and we both bowed; I stayed in my bow while he spoke to me. "Anne, I know we have agreed that both you and Brandon will wed after I have married Jane. I am here to let you know that we will sign our divorce papers this Sunday, I will marry Jane next Friday and you and Brandon will wed the day after. It will be up to your new husband pleasure whether or not you will reside here at court or if he decides to have you reside at his country estate.

"Thank you, your Majesty, for informing me, as always I am at your command." I said still bowing while looking at the ground absorbing everything he has delivered to me.

"If you are to remain here at court madam, it is expected that you show the future Queen, lady Jane the respect she deserves and not give her the same disdain you showed Jane when she was a lady of yours."

"No, your Majesty, I will show the lady Jane the respect that is deserved in her new station, but I only showed the lady Jane the attentions I did because of her lewd behavior she showed while in her service of mine."

"I will stop you there madam as you forget yourself. The lady Jane has never behaved lewdly as she has only been doing my biddy of attention of what I have asked of her. As I have had to look elsewhere as you have failed to do what you had promised." Henry said as his voice rose to a level I had not heard in a while. 

"You will take the generosity that I have bestowed upon you by allowing you to marry a member of my inner counsel and lord that I hold to high esteem. Goodnight to you madam for I hope the next time we speak; your attitude has changed to one of someone more grateful."

"Yes, your majesty, I beseech you to forgive my wrong informed thoughts. They are not intended to offend your majesty. Good day to you as well milord." I said as Henry turned and left without saying anything else. I sunk to the floor and continued thinking as tears began to fill my eyes, of the fear I am beginning to fear what will happen to me more now after what Henry just said. 

Will this continue to be how I feel when I am married to Brandon as I feel being married to Henry?'