Chapter six

Anne's POV:

We spent what spent like hours out in the gardens playing tag and when we made our way towards the ponds, we had a small picnic as we sat by the water admiring the beauty of the gardens and also the fouls that were resting on the water, swimming side by side.

When we finished our picnic, we made our way back to the castle after a squire was sent to tell us that the dinner would be in about an hour. We had just arrived at the gates when his majesty, Henry, rode up on his steed, with his mistress and whore, the lady Jane Seymour, on a horse following up right behind him.

When he saw us, he jumped down from his steed and quickly made it to where we stood and scooped up Elizabeth, spinning the both of them and Elizabeth giggling with joy to be near her father after so long apart.

"My pearl Elizabeth. How are you?" he asked not yet looking over at me.

"Very well your majesty. After I arrived, mama and my maids played in the gardens and then we had a picnic by the pond. We had such a marvelous time papa. Why were you not there to join us or meet me? Did you not want to see me?" Elizabeth asked

"My dear Elizabeth, I am sorry I was not there to see you when I arrived, but I was out with some of the courtiers hunting. I am sorry Elizabeth and I love you very much. How about this? At the feast tonight, I have the musicians play a song and we can dance together, and you can show off how much of a better dancer you are than everyone else at court?" Henry said

"Oh yes papa, I would love that very much. Will you also dance with mama?"

"We will see my dear" Henry said to Elizabeth, but looked at me as he said it, "Why don't we all go inside and then Lady Bryan can take you to go get ready for tonight?" Henry asked

"Okay papa" Elizabeth said as we made our way back inside, and we all went our own ways to go get ready. I was about to turn the corner of the corridor, when I saw what I believed should have been happening in 'broad daylight'... 

Henry pulling Jane aside in the hall, kissing Jane. Jealousy soared through me, but I pushed it down, knowing I needed to put on a good face for Elizabeth for tonight and the next few days.