Chapter eight

The feast for the night was going well to any bystander's sight. But many failed to, or didn't bother to pay attention to the tension between Henry and I, as Henry was so charmed by his dear sweet and quiet mouse Jane Seymour.

I turned my attentions away from Henry and his mistress and soon to be replacement queen, and turned my attention to my dear sweet daughter Elizabeth. Elizabeth was sitting next to me but I noticed that she was barley eating. I looked in the direction of where she was looking and saw she was starring at Henry and Jane.

A pit of sorrow slammed into my stomach. That's when I got the idea.

"Elizabeth. Why don't we have a dance. Just the two of us?" I asked her while trying to draw her attention away from her father.

"Oh yes lady mother." Elizabeth said with sudden joy in her voice.

Elizabeth and I got up from the table and made our way to the center of the banquet hall, where everyone was dancing. Everyone parted and moved to the side, leaving room for the two of us. I left Elizabeth for a moment to tell my dear friend and musician, Mark Smeaton to play a piece for Elizabeth and I.

Elizabeth throughout the entire dance not only kept up with the steps, but also had a smile on her face with no notion of watching her father fraternize with his new mistress.

"You were wonderful my dear." Henry said, coming up to us, leaving the lady Jane at their table starring at our 'family' moment.

"Father, would you dance with me now? I have been practicing." Elizabeth said.

"Of course, my dear" Henry said while barley glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.

I gave Elizabeth a quick kiss on the check, and did a slight bow to Henry before making my way back to mine and Elizabeth's table and sitting down and taking a sip of wine from my cup.

That'swhen I noticed while Henry and Elizabeth started dancing, Jane and her mousyeyes seemed to be barring holes right into me, as if I was still a danger toher becoming Queen after mine and Henry's divorce.