Mario X Mania

Ship: Mania X Mario

Type: Angst|Mild Panic Attack|Comfort

Requested by: No one

Plot: Mania was training and lost a bit of control with her powers due to some recent events. Mario saw what was happening with Mania and tried to calm her down.
_______________________________

Mania’s POV:

I hit the training dummy with my training staff. I had been doing this for an entire two hours. Lo’pho told me that I didn’t need to not only just work on my magic skills but my physical fighting skills as well.

I had been the dummies for forever but nothing felt right. I was very tempted to use my magic but I didn’t want to go against him. I mean, what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him, right?

I start shooting the dummies with my dark orbs. My limbs feel a lot looser in a good way. I start chuckling as I throw more dark orbs at the dummies.

Eventually, the orbs start to increase and I start to lose control over them. I pull back my hands and swing them back down to my sides. One of the last orbs I managed to throw hit the dummies and completely dissolved them, leaving little wooden stumps on the ground.

I shrink back in fear. I feel a tingling sensation in my arms, I look down to see a black substance slowly creeping from my fingertips to the middle of my hand. My breath starts to quicken as I start to panic.

I feel my heart beginning to pace as the black goo starts to creep more and more down my wrists and slowly goes up my arms. I look down at the ground as it starts to spin. My brain becomes dizzy from all of the commotion.

I feel my body become lighter as I feel the air slowly leaving my lungs. I bring my hands to my head and clutch my skull, slightly pulling the hairs on my head. I start to sob as the black starts to appear on my face. It brings me back to the grand magic games but this felt worse. I try to take deep breaths but nothing’s working. My vision slowly begins to fade away as everything becomes blurry.

Mario POV:

I went over to the Protector’s Guild to visit Mania. I hadn’t seen her in a while, not since the grand magic games at least.

I got off of the boat and headed towards the guildhall. As I passed by Kay’s bakery on the way there, I could smell the aroma of freshly baked cookies through the front windows that were partially cracked open.

I continued walking down the path before I felt a small gust of wind hit me. I shrugged it off before continuing. The wind started picking up pace and became stronger as I started reaching the training area.

I had to shield my face with my arms. I looked up, the sky was filled with dark clouds and near the training area, I could barely make out a dark spiral. Black spots covering her body just like the grand magic games. Black reaching from her hands to her elbows.

I ran over as fast as I could against the storm to check it out. As I got closer, I felt my heart drop. In the middle of the spiral was Mania clutching her head and her face in pure panic.

I ran over to Mania, planting my feet in the ground so the wind couldn’t sweep me up. “ Mania! Are you okay?!”

‘ Of course she's not okay, idiot! Look at her!’

“ Mania! Can you hear me? You have to breathe!” I shouted to her. She didn’t look at me. She probably was too panicked to hear me. “ Mania- ” I get cut off by the wind sweeping underneath my feet, almost knocking me over. My knees stumble to the ground. I grab the grass and hold on for dear life. Literally.

I looked up at Mania, she curled up into a ball mid-air. “ Mania! Mania, please! You have to breathe! You have to take deep breaths! Okay?!” I yelled against the wind.

“ Mania, I am right here with you. Everything’s gonna be okay. I’m right here.” I pushed my legs into the dirt to support myself and struggled to stand up. “ I’m right here.” I say, outstretching my hand towards her.

She looks down from her curled up position, her pupils covered in black. She looks down at my hand outstretched to her. She takes a deep breath and straightens herself. She closes her eyes and tilts her head upwards.

The black spots from her body started to fade away and the black substance on her arms started to fade as well.

I felt the wind settle down and the dark spiral start to dissipate. Mania sharply inhaled before falling. Panicking, I held out both my arms and caught her.

I sat us both on the ground, holding her in my arms. I brushed some of the hair off of her face. “ Mania…?”

She groaned and leaned her head into my chests. Her eyes slowly opened, her gaze met mine. “ Mario? What happened?” She asked, groggily. I let out a shaky breath and pulled her into me. “ It’s okay, everything is okay.”

3rd POV:

From a distance, behind the trees, Lo’pho stood there watching the whole scene. He shook his head. ‘ I actually thought she’d listen to me.’ He thought to himself. He watched as Mario cradled Mania in the lap, crying. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“ She was lucky to be able to snap out of this one. She needs to learn how to control her magic. Mario is not always gonna be around forever to snap her out of it.” He looked at the two one last time before turning away and heading back to the guildhall.

I know that this is very short. I had writer’s block during most of it and I was writing most of this at 1 am. I do hope you enjoyed it though.

Word Count: 1015