Rejection?

Ship: Devin x Ritchie

Type: Angst

Requested by: Me

Plot: After being somewhat rejected by Ritchie, he goes to take a walk around the city which leads to him having a drink at the bar.

a/n: Alcohol, mild swearing
_______________________________

Devin POV:

I feel my heart slightly crack.

"I'm really sorry, Devin. I like you too." He stops and rubs his neck. "But I think now is just not the right time."

I stand there for a second before slowly nodding. "Yeah, no. I get it. I agree. I'm sorry I rushed it."

"No, no, you're fine. You didn't rush anything."

 We stood there in silence for a few moments.

"You know what? I'm gonna go take a shower and we can both head to bed and sleep this off."

"Actually…Ritchie...I'm just gonna take a walk. I still have a little bit of alcohol in me."

He looks at me slightly shocked. "Oh...okay. Be sure to come back though."

"I will."

I turn around and start to head for the door. "Be careful, Devin."

I turn around. "I will. Goodnight, Ritchie." I turn back and head out of the room.

I make my way down the staircase into the courtyard. I wipe one of the tears that escaped my eyes as I left the room.

I look up and see the party's still going on. I look back down and continue walking. I can see Lucas and Blake heading my way, walking past me. "Oh hey, Devin," I hear Lucas say.

I say nothing and continue walking past them. "Are you alright, Devin?"

I ignore him and continue walking through the courtyard and head outside of the castle. I exit and make my way towards the steps and start walking down them.

My feet suddenly stop and I stop with them. My feet are glued to the ground. I can feel the hot tears trickle down my face. My knees give in and I fall back onto the stairs.

Now, this is where I stay. This is where I live now, sitting on the stairs, drowning in my own sorrows.

You know, he didn’t say no. You still have a chance,” Eden says inside of my mind. He starts rambling on about how this isn’t the end of my life and how I still have a chance but his voice starts to fade out as I begin to smell a strong smell of something familiar. Alcohol. All different kinds of it.

But it isn’t coming from the party, it’s coming from somewhere else. I look around to see where the alcohol smell is coming from.

Hello? Are you even listening to me?

I stand up from the stairs and start walking down into the city.

I walk through the streets while Eden nags me in the back of my mind. “Where are we going? Hello?

I continue walking down the street until the scent of alcohol gets stronger and it leads me to a small building on the side. I stop and inhale. The smell of alcohol is very strong, too strong for my nose. I have to hold in my sneeze.

Didn’t you say that you were trying to get rid of the alcohol in your system? Why are you getting more?

“I didn’t actually have alcohol in my system. I was just saying that to get out of the room to think for a bit.”