Traitor

Ship: None

Type: Angst

Requested by: Kistune39

Plot: For the past two months, a person named the Indigo Claw has been named. Nobody in any of the guilds has had an encounter with them until one day, Davis, the unlucky idiot, has a bit of a run-in with them

a/n: also, I was very tempted to listen to 'Traitor' by Olivia Rodrigo was writing this but for some reason, I didn't. Which was probably a good decision since it probably would've distracted me.

___________________

3rd POV:

After the ending of the demon raid, everyone had been silent. Well- almost everything.

Recently, another disturbance started to rise. Eden had stopped traveling to the docks for the lacrima transfers for safety reasons with Michael- but it was also because he had partnered up with someone else who had agreed to be his replacement for retrieving the lacrima.

Michael couldn't figure out who this mystery person was but he was able to catch a few whispers from standing within the shadows. The name 'Indigo Claw' had caught his attention. The 'Indigo Claw' had been going around the city and stealing things from people. Artifacts, robbing people's houses, anything you could think a thief could do, they had done it.

Michael had also found out that the 'Indigo Claw' had been residing in Atlantide for the past couple of months which made him more concerned. He had brought this up with all of the guilds in the grand magic council and they had agreed to keep an extra eye out.

Now, let's fade over to Divinus Magia. Ritchie and Brandon held a meeting with their guild to inform them of what Michael had told them and instructed them to keep an eye out and be careful. Everyone agreed and went along with their normal lives. But one person started acting differently. Blake.

Blake had started spending less time with the others and had been going on more quests. Everyone just assumed it was a mechanism to distract herself or to go higher in the ranks.

Mario was sort of bummed that the second-only dragon slayer was barely around so he couldn't talk or train with her. Same thing with Kit. Blake was considered a sister to her, which was surprising since she barely talked to anyone except a few people who she viewed very close.

Lucas was a bit lonely, even though he sometimes hung out with David and Plant in the garden or just around the guild in general but it was different with Blake. He felt very different around her. There was always a tight feeling in his chest whenever he was around her. His cheeks would get very flushed and turn red and his palms would get sweaty and he would become nervous.

It was only until recently when they had gone on their 'first date' that he realized his real feelings for her. Even after Blake had stopped coming around the island often, David still teased him about missing her so often.

There were a few occasions when people would see her around the island but maybe for a few minutes before she disappeared again.

But other than that, everything was normal. The Indigo Claw wasn't harming anyone and everyone was fine. Well, almost everyone.

Davis POV:

I pushed aside a branch in front of me and walked forward. I made sure the branch was behind me before letting go of it. I continued through the forest.

The forest was almost filled with trees but there was always a few spots of the sky peeking through.

I was doing a quest that I found on the board. A random quest. I was too bored to do anything else today so I chose that one. I could barely remember at the time was the quest was about. I think it was a simple quest with goblins or such.