Spooky Scary Skeletons

Ship: Mavid [Mario x David]

Type: Hurt/Comfort

Requested By: Totally_Cheese

Plot: Ritchie and Brandon sent David out to go look for Mario who hadn't come back after a few days from going on a mission.

a/n: sorry to Totally_Cheese for the long wait on your request. I kept getting writers block and got stuck on some of it. But now it's finished so yay!
_______________________________

David POV:

I walked off the ship and walked down the platform. Ritchie and Brandon sent me out to get Mario.

He went out on a mission and was supposed to return a couple of days ago.

I don't know why the others are so worried. I mean, he's pebbles. He'll be fine...right?

I pushed the thought away and continued walking. They said he was somewhere close inland near the forests. I'll check there first.

Four hours later…

I grumbled in frustration. I've been searching for over four hours now, and I've still not been able to find him. Where is he?!

"PEBBLES! Peeebbbllesss!" I called out.

"Pebbles?...Mario!"

I searched deeper into the forest I was in. The forest started to turn from sunny and peaceful to dark and gloomy.

The fog stayed low to the floor and the trees and sky looked more grey.

"Mario?!"

I treaded lightly on the moist dirt (EW!! sorry), stepping in puddles every so often.

I groaned in disgust. "Mario! Where are you?!" I called out again. I kept walking through the depressing forest.

The forest eventually led out to a larger field, worse than the forest. There were barely any trees and it was filled with graves. I hesitantly walked through the graveyard. I saw something move in my peripheral vision behind a tree near me. I quickly looked and saw nothing.

My attention was quickly brought back in front of me when I heard muffled shouting coming from nearby.

I headed in the direction of the shouting. I walked over to an area with two dead trees and a sandpit in between. My heart stopped as I saw a hand sticking out of the sand, slowly sinking.

I looked closely at the hand. I saw a familiar silver ring on one of the fingers. Wait a minute…

"MARIO!"

I ran over and grabbed his hand and began to pull. His arm slowly began to show. I grabbed what was visible and continued to pull.

"Hang on, pebbles!"

He responded with muffled shouting.

I pulled one last time and he flew out, making us both fall back. He landed on top of me.

We both laid there until he started to cough. I instantly sat up and held him. He began to cough up sand. I patted his back to help him.

After he stopped coughing, he laid his head against my chest. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Mario, how did you get stuck in quicksand?!"

"I….well...this was the place to go for the mission and I was walking around till I got attacked by necromantic skeletons.