Episode 07

Episode 07

Find

"I'm sorry that you got fired, Bianca. I told you last time that the big boss is currently reducing its workers."

My shoulders fell as soon as I heard the news from my boss. I actually anticipated it already because I am still not a regular, and the fact that I am not a Korean citizen made me less credible for the job.

"And also... the part where you caused the commotion in the restaurant yesterday. I'm sorry that you had to experience that. I'm really sorry. I don't know what to say anymore," sunod pa ng boss ko.

I silently nodded. Even though I know that it was not particularly my fault to have that kind of reaction, the man that harassed me should be given a punishment too. I'm sure there is CCTV in this building, but I don't know what to do.

Gugustuhin ko pa bang sampahan ng kaso ang lalaking 'yun o hahayaan ko na lang?

The real deal about people who are harassed was the choice if they want peace or equality. We don't want to reminisce that moment again by preventing, but we never wished for other people to experience that too. But the way that the law handled these kinds of stuff is bothering.

Justice can never really be served in this world. And equality will never be given to the oppressed as long as many people are still blinded by sin.

That's why our only hope is God. Kung hindi siguro pinaramdam sa'kin ng Diyos na buhay pa rin siya at sinasamahan ako, matagal na sana akong sumuko.

Lumabas na lang muna ako para magpahangin. Sabi ng boss ko, may isang linggo pa ako para makahanap ng bagong trabaho.

"Aish! Pigon haeyo! (I'm tired!)," malakas kong sigaw bago umupo sa gutter sa gilid.

Medyo maaga pa kaya kaunti pa lang ang mga tao. Wala ring snow ngayon base sa weather forecast nila.

I looked at one of the buildings to my right and saw a big digital signboard that shows the date, time, and weather forecast for today. It was already November. Pinangako ko sa pamilya ko na uuwi ako nang pasko.

Pero ano na lang ang mahaharap kong mukha sa kanila ngayong wala na naman akong trabaho?

I ruffled my head in frustration while thinking of many things about how can I survive. I sounded like a freeloader and a parasite to Michelle because she offered me free housing and food. As much as I don't want pity for my case, I don't have a choice!

Wala rin kasi akong extrang pera na mapapangbayad.

I took a day off yesterday because of what happened, and I spend the night again at Yiv's cabin. It was snowing harshly that there were no transportations available on land. At saka takot din talaga akong lumabas ng gabi dahil sa trauma na tinamo ko sa boss ko dati na mapang-abuso.

Hindi pa alam ni Michelle na nakauwi na 'ko dahil dumiretso na ako sa trabaho para sana siguraduhin kung may trabaho pa rin ako. Yiv dropped me off here using his car before driving to the university.

He insisted on driving me to work because I'm still wounded. My hands and arms were still covered with bandages, and I lost an amount of blood, so I needed rest.

In-input ko na ang password sa pinto ng apartment na tinitirhan namin ni Michelle. I took off my shoes, leaving only my white socks, upon entering. I could smell the aroma of kimchi and ramyeon. I'm sure that she was cooking something.

"Mitch, nandito na 'ko!" sigaw ko bago ilagay ang bag sa may sofa.

Sakto naman na lumabas siya mula sa kusina na naka-apron pa.