Episode 17

Episode 17

Official

"내 햇살이 돼서 노란 튤립"

I read the message that came with another bunch of yellow tulips from my ever-adorable admirer. "Yellow tulips because you become my sunshine," it meant. So Cringey... yet I grinned since it was from Yiv.

For the last week, I've been receiving various sorts of flowers. Midterms are a key time of year in medical school.

They will wring their medical brain cells before the Christmas holiday to answer their tests. That was essential for them to pass. That is why lecturers like Yiv are so busy.

"Mamamatay na 'ko," salubong sa'kin ni Michelle.

She had eyebags on her eyes because she seldomly sleeps. May hawak na naman siyang kape. Kape na 'ata dumadaloy sa dugo niya.

"Kapag hindi ka nagpahinga, hindi ka pa nagtatrabaho bilang nurse, nasa morgue ka na."

She just laughed at me when we were having lunch, and we talked about random things like the flower that I've been receiving.

"So... ano na kayo? Ligawan pa rin? Ang slow naman ni Sir Yukio!" she giggled at the thought while eating, and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Gano'n pa rin naman. Busy sa midterms."

"Puntahan mo 'yun mamaya! Tapos kausapin mo man lang, malamang kape na rin dumadaloy sa dugo no'n ngayon!"

"What if he's busy?" I asked. She raised her eyebrows at me as if she's accusing my conclusion. "So? At least he got to see you, 'di ba? For all I know, kulang na lang ay ituro niya ang human heart sa klase pero ikaw ang picture. Nako, Blanche."

I shook my head before hiding a small smile. Michelle quickly caught on to it and teased me. "Luh siya, oh! Kinikilig! Kadiri! Ang cringe niyo! 'Pag nagka-jowa ako, makikipag-bardagulan lang ako araw-araw."

We talked about it more since she said she needed a distraction. But, inside her mind, there is a fight of neurons going on. She also spoke negatively of Lero in front of me, claiming that he was cold to her despite having previously been friends.

"Alam mo noong 'di ka namin ma-contact, kinakamusta ko pa rin 'yan si Lero pero umiiwas si attorney. Akala mo naman, habulin siya. Kapag magkaibigan, kahit gwapo, pangit pa rin sa paningin."

I shook my head in response to her outbursts. I'm beginning to acquire the impression that Michelle likes him. Of course, I'm not averse to the notion. But I'd like Lero to have a happy ending. Furthermore, I have Yiv to myself; what more could I want for?

"Mitch... nag-aya pala si Yiv sa Nami before Christmas. Sama raw kayo... if you want lang naman. Uuwi kasi ako ng Pinas sa pasko."

Sparkles appeared to glitter in her eyes. I could see she was creating a mental itinerary in her brain. When we went on vacations in high school, she was always like that.

"Tinatanong pa ba 'yan? Sure na sure, mareng Blanche!" But she stopped and looked worried at me.

"Pero ikaw... ayos ka lang ba roon? 'Di ba... may baliw roon? Pa'no 'yun? Pa-salvage na ba natin?"

I chuckled and swiftly shook my head at her phrase. "Yiv informed me that he is no longer present... or so he believes. But he said we'd be staying at a luxury resort with guards, so... what could go wrong?" I shrugged, and she nodded before we kept conversing for a while more.

Flakes of Tearsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें