Mermaids are real?!

Not long after reaching the red line they docked to figure out how to go further. Its was not an easy task, with nearly no knowledge of fishman island, the only knew by how the log pose was pointing down towards the depths of the ocean. So that was why Robin, Luffy and Brook was exploring the ocean right beneath them in the shark submerge.

In the meantime Chopper and Usopp was playing in the *surprise pool* in the ocean which was connected to the ship, Chopper was wearing a floatie around his waist so he doesn't drown due to the devil fruit which makes him weak to salt water. Splashing and laughing away with Usopp not in the slightest concerned of the possible threats underneath them.
Sea beast was very common in these waters so close to the red line.

While waiting for the submerge to return to the surface Mai decided to do some well needed training, She had felt frustrated for far too long for her uselessness in the previous days.
Feeling more of a burden more than anything she needed to step up her game.
So training it was, thinking over what to start with she figured some weightlifting and a couple of swings at the punching bag would do it, for now.

After changing to a more suitable attire, a pair of black leggings and a forest green training bra which Mai thought could work as a top as well, because well face it, she would be dripping in sweat when she was done.
She walked the small distance from the girls room crossing the middle deck, she saw Nami and Franky as she approached the net to go up to the crows nest, they were sitting around the table waiting for their nakamas to call them from the sub to the den den moshi which stood silently on the table.
She figured they would call her down again if they had important information to give the rest of crew, so she would make the most of the time she had in her hands.

The blonde girl reach the top of the ladder finding herself now in the round spacious room that was the ships gym. It was simple but with all the necessary equipment.
Taking a look around still standing on the ladder she saw Zoro with his back facing her with a ridiculously large barbell taking up half of the room lifting away while counting out loud for himself. She pauses, and sweatdropped at the sight of him before climbing off the ladder fully, Zoro is either not noticing her yet or not acknowledging her presence, too self absorbed in his training.

She felt he was too burdened with something, pushing himself more than usual. Ever since they left Thriller Bark and Zoro almost died from blood loss, he would spend most of his time sleeping or training. She wasn't worried about him, just ... concerned was a more fitting word.
She knew he would be fine, but he always thought that he was not good enough, but Mai thought that he was to harsh on himself, but she also knew were he came from, she too wanted to become stronger and that was a must if she was to continue her voyage with the strawhats, of course she was part of the crew now too but she couldn't shake the feeling of being lost, no wonders with most of her past being a blank paper with only bits and pieces and yet she couldn't make any sense of them.

So Mai left him to it, she was here to train too, not to chat, even if she was curious and wanted to talk to the swordsman about it, she knew he would only brush off her questions with no further or do. 

She settled herself on the other edge of the room where smaller dumbbells, more suited for her was placed.
She started with stretching her limbs to prevent damage, after 10 minutes feeling fully stretch she picked up two identical dumbbells with the same weight. She went through some exercises, her biceps and triceps ached in protest as she pushed herself to lift heavier weights. Beads of sweat had since long before start to form on her forehead and trailed down on to her face which she wiped off with the back of her hand, forgetting to bring a towel.

With her front facing the windows she didn't notice the small cloth thrown at her, landing on her head which made her flinch in surprise. She turned around while taking the towel off her head, Zoro had put down the barbell taking a small break surely, she looked at him wide eyed with a look that said 'what the f*ck!' and he just shrugged.