15: Night Terrors Meets Candour

do i even need to explain at this point 🤓

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

It feels like it's been aeons since I've left my chambers. Heaping up in miscellaneous chunks and scattered all across the depressing floorboards were muddy boots, baggy uniforms, and unwashed clothes that Hange had kindly lent me. The meals she's been dropping by every day were piling up across my default desk, half-finished, lukewarm.

She's been nothing but selfless towards me, yet I haven't been returning one bit of the same benevolence. My mind was just ringing with the nasty things the Scouts have said, and the nastiest part was that not one single part of their gossip was a lie.

I pulled the sheets over me with a grunt, dozing off like any other day, unable to face the truth.

Little did I know that outside, leaned against the uneven ebony bricks, was a pensive Levi.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━

"Agatha!" I screamed, reaching out to nothingness.

I sprung out of bed, anxious, chest rising and falling at a concerning pace. Sweat was everywhere, pooling around my pillow, and the spot where I had been laying against. I still feel like I'm drowning in them.

I propped myself up with a lumbering hand, then clutched my heart.

Looks like it's the night terrors again. I've been having them since that day.

For a wearisome amount of time, I stared aimlessly out the window, comprehending what I had dreamt of. It was the identical to that of last night, and the night before: blood, murder, betrayal, arson, regret.

The tears stung my eyes. I was in an outright sob out of the blue.

I wiped away the brooks surfing down my cheeks, it ended up smudging my vision even more. Then something secured around my hands, resisting me from rubbing my eyes vigorously. Amongst the blurriness sketched a man in the dark. His features were rippling with the water of my eyes.

Who's there? How did they get in?

I must've not been in the headspace to lock the door after Hange left.

"Come to my room." the man said.

"Levi?" I straightened my posture, blinking back the tears.

"There's no need to be embarrassed now, crybaby." the low assert confirms that it was him, "You've already shown me this side to you plenty of times."

I gave him a wry smile, orbs still sorrow.

He slides off the edge of the bed and squats down. I looked at him with confusion.

He glances back at me with his signature "tch" and curls his fingers to the palms of his hands, hinting that I should get on his back. With minimal energy, I slumped onto him, hands fastening before his neck. His hands slips under my knees and shoves me up for support.

"Impeccable." he looks over at my stacked plates, "You've skipped so many meals yet you're this heavy."

I smiled at his humour and melted into his touch, snuggling him up closer. A feline noise spills out in satisfaction.

As we arrived at his room, the pre-anxiety was already starting to dissipate. Next to the door was a modest fireplace, and occupying the rest of the room was the standard set up and furniture every other dorm has. I shudder at the thought of fire, but matched with Levi's company, there wasn't much to be afraid of.