11: Hell

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

This chapter will be entirely written in Levi's POV
(and probably the last chapter fully in his POV in a while)

WARNINGS FROM THE LAST CHAPTER STILL APPLY

THERE IS ALSO MILD GORE AT THE END OF THIS CHAP SO BEWARE

"Attention all!"

In an instant, the organised soldiers saluted to the commander within their rows. Just minutes before, each one was striding into their own designated position, which I found incredibly tedious. It's not like we'll get punished if we didn't line up in some fatuous order, right?

God, I already hate it here.

"From today, these three will be fighting alongside you all! Introduce yourselves."

I assumed that I was going first, being their leader.

"Name's Levi."

The Scouts gasped. Had no idea what was so special about my name, but I'm guessing they've heard of me as the 'Infamous Underground Thug', like everyone else had.

"Levi, the first thing you'll need is some goddamn discipline."

Wasn't the first time I've heard that.

"Next!"

"I'm Isabel Magnolia! Nice ta meet'cha!"

"My name is Farlan Church." he grinned, pointing a thumb to his chest.

Their tone almost sounded like they wanted to vindicate us from the bad impression I've made. Or the rumours about my transgressions circulating around, I suppose.

Keep wishing. These outsiders are never that easy.

"Flagon, these three will be assigned to your squad." the commander ordered, nudging us towards where he was lined up, "Look after them."

"M-my squad sir?"

"Are you dissatisfied?"

"N-no..."

Seems as though the commander holds some real authority here. Even I didn't feel like getting on his bad side. It will just be more work to deal with.

Remember your mission and why you came.

Flagon went on, trying to talk him out of it but he failed, of course. In the end, he was just like the rest of the Scouts, obeying like meek mice. How unworthy.

"Understood!" he affirmed, as if to prove my point.

━✦❘༻༺❘✦━