• 16. Washing away impurities •

Manvi yawned with a smile on the face. Still quite sleepy, she reminisced her first kiss while gazing at her sleeping husband lovingly until the thought hit her. The devil beside her had played his cards too well. Although his concern was genuine, he had made her emotional on purpose at that moment to break down her walls and swooped in right for his kiss. Although she had enjoyed the kiss, the fact that the score was now even didn't sit well with her. Her mind began to race thinking about how to tip off the balance in her favor once again.

Virat woke up to the sight of his wife deep in thoughts. Though newly married, it wasn't hard for him to guess where her thoughts were heading off to. Thinking of attacking once again, he disclosed the plan for the day.

"If you are not too tired, let's go sightseeing today. We can visit the local bazaar for shopping. I am sure you will like lots of stuff they have here."

"That sounds like a good plan, but let's just roam around without any pressure to cover up places. I wanna taste the local delicacies at leisure."

"Okay! But then we need to hurry up considering it's already past 9. We need to leave in an hour if you want to enjoy the stuff at your own pace."

"Oh well, I am not the one who takes an hour to bathe. So it's you who should hurry up."

"Since you freshen up so fast, why don't you give me a hand today! I am sure it would help me get ready faster". Engaging her in smooth talks, before she knew it he had picked her up and jumped into the pool in the adjoining room.

"Virat! You! How can you do this? Damn it's so cold". She stood shivering half-submerged in water. He had already taken off his shirt by then. He gazed at her shivering form, her clothes clung to her like a second skin, accentuating her curves. Water dripped down her neck disappearing in her deep valley to running down her waist, while she glared at him hotly. Virat got a picture to remember for life. 'Remembering this sight would surely help when she gives me a tough time!'. He smirked but then frowned at the thought that followed, 'I really hope she doesn't give me cold shoulder too frequently'.

"Wife if you feel so cold, I can help you heat up". He smirked, pulling her closer by her waist. "Seems like you don't approve my idea". He sighed in disappointment.

"Oh no, dear husband. I have another idea. Your mind is surely full of dirt. As your wife, let me help you wash away those impure thoughts". Just like him, she too engaged him in sweet talks and by the time she was done, she had applied soap roughly on his face, but careful enough to not hurt his eyes.

"Manvi, you evil woman, my eyes are hurting. Wash my face first". Disappointed at being unable to enjoy the sexy sight before him any longer, he acted pitifully. But his wife knew him too well to fall for the same trick again.

"Husband, that's my soap working on your impure thoughts. To clean you up properly, the soap needs to stay for 5 minutes at least, or it won't work". She enjoyed his struggling form standing an arm's length away.

'Let the fun begin Virat!' She held his shoulders and ran her hands on his chest applying soap slowly, looking at his face to gauge whether her plan was working. 'Oh, it's working alright!'

"Manvi! w-what are yo-ou doing?" He somehow managed to not let out a groan by clenching his teeth. His wife was surely a devil, letting him experience heaven and hell together.

"I am just doing what you told me, dear husband. Helping you bathe. Since you asked me so sincerely, how can I not fulfill your request?" She smirked. Done with his front, she went even closer, almost hugging him, and ran her hands on his back, applying soap the same way she did before.

Having reached his limit, Virat sat on the stair of the pool using his hands for balance and pulled her in his lap. "Now you can continue." Wanting to get back at her, he too held her waist, reasoning that he needed support since his eyes were closed. She hissed in response to his cold touch. Not ready to accept defeat, Manvi continued her task at hand trying to regain control over the situation.

Virat knew he could turn the tables now. He too reciprocated her actions by squeezing her waist once in a while. His hands moved upwards, tracing her curves till they reached her exposed back. Just before he could pull the strings of her blouse, she poured water on his head surprising him, "I am sure you can do the rest by yourself Mr. Arora!" and ran away laughing.

"Manvi, yeh tumne achha nahi kiya!" pissed at himself. However, he couldn't decide, what was more frustrating him at the moment; losing the chance to touch her more or losing to her once again. (It's not a nice thing you did Manvi!)

______________________________

On the other side, Viren and Jeevika were snuggled up together. Viren knew once they went back to the city, their old routine would catch up and such moments would be hard to come by. Thus, contrary to the usual routine, he too tried to make the most of the present moment. Considering his crush on her, falling for her even more after meeting her, to their wedding to the present moment was quite a journey for him. Even though it was an arranged marriage for her, for him it was not. He was caught in between trying to control his feelings and wanting to express them at the same time. He was aware she did not love him at present, nor did he expect her to but he was content for sure. What he had at the moment was already far beyond his expectations. Even though it had been some days since their wedding, he was still trying to come to terms with the happiness accompanying the realization that she was finally his. Unconsciously he had tightened his hug and woke up Jeevika, who tried to figure out what kept him so engrossed that he didn't realize she was awake as well.

Waiting for a while, with no change in the situation she smiled. "Virenji?"

He finally came out of his reverie hearing her, but feeling giddy at her soft voice calling him he couldn't help but hug her again smiling to himself. Seeing his reaction, Jeevika understood how close his happiness was tied to her and she vowed to try her best so it would remain that way. She realized, he must have feelings for her for some time now but did not express them mostly due to fear of ruining their professional rapport or respect for her. But now that there was no social pressure, he must be really relieved at being able to show his feelings more openly. She felt lucky at having another family whose each member had already accepted her from their heart.

"Virenji, please leave me." She managed to say trying not to blush but was unsuccessful as usual.

"What's so important that you want to leave me?" He frowned, still not quite caught up with reality. He had planned to snuggle up a bit longer.

"Manvi must be waiting for me." She sat up slowly, tying her hair. He pushed her hair behind her ear, "so it's okay to leave me alone but Manvi can't wait huh? Don't you feel guilty leaving this poor husband alone?"

"I would have, but my husband is not poor from any angle. So I don't feel guilty. And you have Virat with you. I am sure he would love your company. Besides I had promised Manvi to spend the day with her today".

"Since you have already made the decision, what can this poor guy do besides accepting it! But tomorrow is mine. After this you can't make any promises to her". He demanded like a child.

"Okay. Tomorrow would be spent just like you want. Happy?"

"Hmmm". The frown was still present. Feeling guilty for disappointing him, she pecked him on his cheek and ran away to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Viren fell back on his bed and smiled in giddiness.

"But what about the other cheek!"

______________________________

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all liked my gift for you all.

How was the chapter? Coping up with the heat of the chapter? See you soon with next update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Published on 14th February, 2021