• 4. The cat and the dog •

Hi guys! I know the update is a bit later but I am sure you will be happy to read a much longer update. In fact this is the longest chapter I wrote till now for any of my stories. (More than 1500 words ).

Also, now you can expect new updates every Friday! Hurray!😊😉

___________________________________

It had been 2 months since Virat's new assistant had joined. Of course, he expected that he would find someone who would get awed by his looks and do everything as he says. But what did he get? A sassy girl whose mouth doesn't have a filter most of the time. And his ego wouldn't let him admit but she didn't ,look at him. The problem wasn't really her mouth. No, the problem was that he couldn't fire her because his assistant though rough around edges did her work efficiently. Yes, he would give her that, she had been fast learner and even his business partners wouldn't believe she had managed to show her competency in such a short period of time. That had been one reason for his dilemma. And of course, just like Viren he too looked up to his mother for advice. He hadn't asked her directly of course. He knew, his mother's instincts were right most of the time. There was a reason, she had been able to start Arora's and manage it singlehandedly. She wasn't just his mother. Like they say, mother is the first teacher, he saw his guru(mentor) in her. She had been the one to teach him ropes of business. Yes, he had learned business stuff from business school but she had been the one who taught him how to keep his employees satisfied, make them work hard, how to point out mistakes without hurting their feelings. So now, of course he was gonna need a stamp of approval for his assistant. He promised himself, if Ms.Garg manages to impress his mother, he would accept her from the heart and behave better.

'Time to put plan into action.'

Before his plan began, he knew she had a right to be updated on the latest news. While their relationship may not have been the best, she had befriended Jeevika quite soon and they were close friends now. And their interactions were entertaining to say the least. He and Viren had eavesdropped on them quite a bit. But that was a topic for another time.

He called her in his cabin.

"May I come in Sir?"

"Ah! Ms.Garg I have some news for you."

But hearing those words, Maanvi frowned. The thoughts that came to her mind weren't pleasant to say the least.

'Hey, bhagwaan! Bachale mujhe...Bass ye naukari chhod de mere paas. Itni jaldi main dusri naukri kahaan se dhundu. Maine mere kaam mein koi kasar nahi chhodi. Par  agar phir bhi koi kami reh gayi ho toh rehem kar de mujh pe. Bass iss baar. Pata hai ki apne boss ke cabin mein koi chhipkali nahi rakhta par uss chhichhore ne bhi toh mujhe tang karne ka ek bhi mauka nai chhoda. Iss baar maaf kar de yaar. Iske aage aisa ulta phulta kuch nahi karungi.'
( Oh, God! Please save me. Don't take away this job from me. I can't find another one in such short span of time. I haven't left any stone unturned in giving my best. But if there's still something where I haven't been upto mark,  then please have some pity on me. Just one chance. I know, no employee would leave a lizard in their boss's cabin to trouble him but then that moron boss of mine too didn't leave a single chance to mess with me. Forgive me just this one time, dude. Hereafter I won't do anything like this.)

Seeing her frown in worry, Virat knew the route her train of thoughts had taken. He couldn't help but soften a bit.

"I am sure you will be happy to hear it. You see, Viren and Jeevika are going to get married."

Maanvi had been so busy  praying for her job with her closed eyes, that it took her a bit of time to come out of her own world. Hearing the word 'married' she came back to her senses. It took her a while to make sense of the words her boss spoke.