• 13. The devil's plans •

Virat sat thinking how he ended up alone again, despite being married. As soon as he heard that he along with his new bride and mother would be going to a double bedroom suite, his heart jumped at happiness. But the two ladies poured cold water on his dreams by saying, they would be having girls' night tonight. His mother then explained how Viren's grandma had not differentiated between him and Viren and thus, the least he could do to repay her love and kindness was to sleep alone for a night and celebrate his wedding night when they reach Jaipur as per their customs. Technically it was supposed to be his wedding night, but contrary to his expectations, even tonight he was going to bed alone as a bachelor would. While years back, he would have proudly smiled at the title of bachelor, now the word somehow made him seem lonely. But does Virat Arora happen to be someone who doesn't know how to get out of his predicaments? Never. As you might have heard, Misery loves company, this devil hatched a plan regarding his dire situation. Why should he suffer alone? If Naren uncle and Viren had sided with him showing him some sympathy, he wouldn't end up in this situation. So, of course, they had to suffer along with him.

--------------------------------------------

Viren rested his forehead against hers, giving her the much-needed break to breathe in air. While he wanted to bask in the happiness of his achievement, the devil knocked on their door. Getting his arms off his bride's waist might have been the toughest task in his life. The hard work it required could be clearly understood from the unpleasant expression Virat saw on his face as soon as the door opened. It only made Virat less unhappy, seeing how he avenged himself in a just manner, and Viren's face also told him, how appropriate his timing was. Viren too understood what was happening as soon as he saw how his friend looked better knowing he disturbed the newlywed couple at the right moment.

"What?"

"Well my dear friend, we are supposed to share the room tonight with Naren uncle and the ladies will be having the other suite to themselves."

"What the hell man!"

'Now you understand how this poor guy felt at being kicked out from his bedroom? Serves you right for not helping me.' Virat smirked at the thought.

"Virat? What happened?"

Getting his chance, Virat explained, "Bhabhi, tonight you'll be sharing the room with Manvi in the other suite. Mom and kaki sa have planned girls' night for you two."

Jeevika could not help but feel relieved at how the timing was right, she did not how to face her husband after the moment they shared. She just glanced at him, and seeing him frown, she understood he had caught her rejoicing at the thought of new arrangement.

"Ah, okay."

Feeling guilty, she decided to leave while she had the chance.

"Someone's feeling upset at the turn of events I see."

"Someone could not help but drag other people in his misery." Viren taunted back.

"So what dude, you could have just argued for my sake earlier at the counter but you didn't feel an ounce of sympathy for me. Of course, I would get back at you for this."

"Okay fine. But now what?"

"Well, don't feel too bad. You are not the only one who is going to accompany me. The law is the same for everyone regardless of......"

"Seniority".

Viren smirked, understanding where all this was going. Together they went to his parents' bedroom that was connected to his.

--------------------------------------------

Jeevika, Manvi, and Pragya waited for the last member to join them for the night. When Jeevika learned how the girls' night wasn't the actual plan but just Virat's idea she asked them how they were so sure that Priya would be joining them as well. Seeing her obliviousness at the situation, the mother-daughter duo shared a look, knowing what tonight would be used for.