• 9. First night •

Viren sighed. For now, the rituals were over. His family was more understanding towards them rather than being adamant about following traditions. They were quite broad-minded. For them, some changes to the schedule were fine. Right now everyone was too tired to do anything. But the next day, every post-wedding ritual could be enjoyed wholeheartedly. Thus everyone had retired for the day. And that's how he was right now standing in front of this door that led to his now, their bedroom. The realization that from now on she would be sleeping beside him sharing this room made him giddy. Finally, the moment came. He had it all planned. He would open the door slowly while she would sit in the middle of the bed which would be of course covered with rose petals and most importantly, her face would be covered by the veil.

He would enter slowly, closing the door behind him while she would wring her hands and tense up in anticipation. The moment he sat, she would feel the bed dip and grip her skirt tightly. He would envelop her hands in his own to calm her down. And then, her breathing would slow down. Finally, he would leave her hands and take hold of her ghungat (veil) and take it up to uncover her face and her eyes would be closed in shyness, unable to face him. He would smile at that, take hold of her chin, bringing himself closer to her to-

"Are Viren! Aaj bahar hi rahna ka irada hai kya? Andar nahi jaana?" (Viren! Do you intend to stay outside the room, tonight? Don't wanna go inside?)

Viren blinked and then came to reality. He was too engrossed in his fantasy to realize that he was still standing outside his door smiling dreamily. Fortunately, it was his dad who saw him and not Virat or his mother otherwise he would have been teased to no end for years together.

"Yeah, dad. I was going."

"Okay." Naren gave him a knowing smile and left without saying anything.

Viren turned back to his task at hand. He raised his hand to knock on the door but then, realized it might have been kept open so he could enter freely.

___________________________________

Here, an hour before Jeevika had been brought into his now their room. The room was decorated as she knew it would be. The bed was covered with white silks sheets that went well together with the navy blue theme of the room. And of course, those bedsheets had rose petals on them, making a heart shape. She felt goosebumps just looking at it and its implications. It was their wedding night and of course, she knew what sort of things happened on such a night. A part of her, blushed at the thought while the other reminded her that nothing of the sort would happen considering what she knew about her husband. He wouldn't touch her at all. She was sure of it.

Little did she know, her perceptions about her husband was going to take a 180-degree turn tonight.

And, that my readers would be a new beginning for her and him too.
___________________________________

When he entered, he could see that his wife was in her own world looking at the bed and blushing. He took that chance to close the door as quietly as possible. He was facing her sideways since she was standing in front of the vanity table beside the bed. He walked towards her while looking at her reflection in the mirror above the table. She was still lost in her own thoughts. Looking at her blush, he could definitely follow the trail of her thoughts. He sneaked his hands around her bare waist, he couldn't miss the chance. The feeling of his hands seemingly brought her back from her dreamland but she wasn't fast enough. His hands had already locked her and when she looked in the mirror in shock, his eyes met hers with his chin resting on her right shoulder. She couldn't hold his gaze for long and looked at her hands trying to unlock his hands and free herself.  She could feel his hands touching her bare waist, just below her belly button. Of course, her attempts were futile. Her shyness prevented her from using her strength. Finally, she decided to plead him. She knew her soft approach would definitely succeed. She looked up to plead him but was surprised to see his eyes closed.