• 17. Shy or Sly? •

"Only you ladies are going?"

"Ji, kakasa. It's time for us ladies to have fun! So today's plan is to visit local bazar and shop. Anyways our husbands won't be much interested in shopping, so they can also rest at home instead of getting bored." Maanvi replied, smiling innocently as if completely unaware of the other party's disappointment.

Today it was Viren's turn to get back at Virat. Since he wasn't getting his date, he wouldn't let him have it either. Like the saying goes, Misery loves company.

Virat frowned at his plans being put on hold. However, fater a while, he just sighed.
"Are jaane do kaka! Vaise bhi hume pata chal chuka hai ki humari unki zindagi mein kya ahemiyat hai, achha hua pehle hi bata diya. Aur hum bechare kar bhi kya sakte hai. Bas raah dekhte rahenge ki humari biwiyan kab aayengi aur humein thoda bhaav dengi." (Let them go Uncle! Anyways, we have understood what position we have in their lives. It's good that we got to know it now than later. Besides, what can we poor guys do other than waiting for our wives to come back and give us a look!)

"Main toh bas kya hi batau kaka! Mera bhi dukh ab sambhala nahi jaata." (What do I even say uncle! Even I am unable to handle my grievances now.) Viren too chipped in with equally grieving expression.

Looking at such a grand display of disappointment in them, Jeevika and Maanvi shared a look. Jeevika sought Maanvi not knowing how to react, maybe Viren was really hurt by her choosing to go with Maanvi instead of him. Maanvi rolled her eyes knowing what the two guys were upto and knew she had to take charge or Jeevika would soon feel guilty because of this drama.

"Don't worry guys! Once we come back we'll surely give you the glances!" She winked, smirking at them.

"Let's go Jeevika!"

The dramatic duo exchanged looks knowingly.
--------------------------------------------

Jeevika and Manvi roamed around leisurely taking in, the beautiful sceneries, enjoying the buzz in local markets. They had decided to just walk around instead of roaming in any vehicle. Although they had denied their husbands for the day trip, they didn't need to express to each other how they were saving the real tour places for their trip with husbands. But today, was going to be just the two of them having girls' fun sharing anecdotes after a long time.

"What? Jeevika, how can you be so innocent?" Manvi exclaimed when Jeevika narrated how Viren was having headache and the moment they shared then.

"What do you mean Manvi? He must be quite stressed with all the work and ignored his health. And that's why he's now suffering from headache once in a while." Jeevika said, worried upon seeing how ignorant Viren had been about his health.

"Jeevika that was just his ploy. He didn't take a pill for his headache. And you told me this happened twice. Inspite of you insisting on visiting a doctor. He refused saying you made him feel better through head massage?! He clearly was just taking advantage of your innocence wanting to steal some moments with you. You clearly didn't realize how he got the chance to hug you in all this." Jeevika's expressions changed as the reality dawned upon her. But she knew, even after knowing all this, she wasn't angry knowing it was just him trying to have some harmless fun and only wanted to work on their relationship. But she didn't forget how he had played her twice, first time being their first night. Surely she can't let things go in the same manner for long. She had to return the favor. Maybe, just maybe their equation would change from colleagues to spouses.

"I didn't realize it Manvi. Thanks for pointing it out. Otherwise who knows how long this charade would have continued."

Before Manvi could enquire more on the matter, they were approached by 2 local guides.