• 1. First meeting •

Hello peeps! I am back... I am sorry for the delay, but I was really stuck and didn't want to write just for the sake of it and disappoint you. I was feeling bad that you guys were waiting so eagerly but I couldn't write it. But finally I managed to write it to my satisfaction. And lastly, thank you so much for your tremendous support❤😘, which was really unexpected. I hope you guys continue to do so.So without any further delay, let's start the Virika journey.

__________________________________

Ding!

Jeevika heard the sound of the elevator followed by sound of footsteps closing in. How would she not recognize it? It's been a routine for her now.

"Good morning Sir!"

"Good morning Jeevika, I still don't understand how you know it's me approaching and not anyone else! Anyways, come to my cabin in 5 mins to let me know of today's meetings and other things. You know the drill."

"Yes, Sir."

'How many times have I told her to call me by my name, but this woman just doesn't get it. Not even once did she budge. But one day she has to listen to me.'

___________________________________

He hears a knock on the door, followed by her voice asking his permission to enter.

"Come in Jeevika."

Jeevika keeps the tray on the table. And, as everyone would guess, the tray should consist of freshly brewed coffee, but that is not the case. This hero of hours has a different taste. So the tray has masala tea. Jeevika still remembers feeling surprised after knowing about her new boss's choice.

What Jeevika didn't know was that, it had been first time that Viren was having masala tea. It was his father who liked masala tea and had insisted that his son try it too. And Viren who still believes his parents' choice to be the best had then given it a try. And like always, his belief was affirmed. That moment itself Viren decided that coffee wasn't his favorite beverage anymore. That place had been captured by masala tea.

----------- Flashback -----------

"Viren, I know I have said it before, but I still need to say somethings. You've grown to be a fine son, my boy. I know you will take this company far and beyond but be careful and don't forget where you've come from. After all, however tall the tree gets, it's the roots that decide how long and how strong it stays. Not that you don't understand it but I still feel the need to tell you. Till now, you've worked for others gained a lot of experience, recognition and knowledge too but sometimes it's ok to compromise if it's something you can cope up with later, specially when someone's family is at stake. But a life lost is lost forever. Do you understand?"

"Yes, dad. I get it. I know I am responsible for thousands of families now. Of course I am terrified since it's the beginning and I have to fulfill so many expectations. But I know you will be there to guide me through the path. I can do this."

"Well, we can do something about your terrific feeling. This old man has learned some tricks in his life after all."
Naren smirked.

"Oh my king, would you please bless me with your knowledge?"
Viren bowed to him, his right hand folded at elbow in front of his waist, mimicking those people of ancient times.

"Hmmm...why not? You are my only prince after all."
Naren too got into his role, assuming thinking position.

"Why just talk? I'll show it to you directly. Then you will understand it's effect better."