• 11. The special ointment •

Today's breakfast was a lovely affair for Vadheras and why wouldn't it be? Their most awaited moment had come after all. Like they say, a marriage concerns not only the two people involved but their families as well. And thus, you would of course understand how Vadheras' happiness was related to Jeevika's presence. While everything was going good, Priya suddenly asked in concern,
"What's this Jeevika? Did something bite you? Your skin has become red dear."
Now if you think that this was an attempt to tease her, you are wrong. Priya could just see the reddened skin so of course she would be oblivious to Jeevika's embarassment. Add into it her well known shy nature. No one would suspect anything. But Viren knew. The husband in him would not leave any chance to tease her and take advantage of the situation.

"Oh, Jeevika! Why didn't you tell me? I would have given you the ointment na! Have you started hiding things from me? If you won't share such a small problem, how would we face difficulties in future?"

Seeing such melodramatic act of her husband, Jeevika couldn't be more surprised. Why did she feel betrayed right now? Poor girl couldn't even glare at him for her actions could lead to more embarassment if her in-laws noticed.

"No Ma, I am okay." Priya was immediately distracted by her Ma. She always hoped for her daughter-in-law to address her like this, but she had thought she would have to tell Jeevika to call her ma. And Jeevika addressing her as Mom on her own touched her heart in ways she couldn't express. All she could do was kiss her forehead. No words were needed. Priya seeing Jeevika's smile knew, her feelings need not be conveyed through words. They were understood.

"Well, Viren Jeevika, we need your opinion on something. The wedding ceremony was private but do you want a reception party immediately in few days or sometime later. Personally me and Priya think that it could be kept after a month's time or so, so that everything would be settled by then and it could be served as a get together. Also any bad speculations regarding the backstory of this marriage would be dealt with automatically and swiftly without leaving any ground for doubts. And finally you would get at least sometime to yourselves without worrying about media."

The younger pair looked at each other and saw approval for the plan put forth then. Seeing the interaction older pair shared a look as well.

"We're okay with it dad!"

"Oh that reminded me. Since right now everything is okay why not make a short trip to our native place? Hiding from outsiders is acceptable but not from our own family elders. However strict they might be, they're good people at heart. Besides we'll get our family time away from all work and tensions and who knows when dadi sa would be able to travel here."

"Why not! In fact we can get Manvi and Virat married there as well and have fun." Naren suggested with excitement obvious on his face.

"Actually, a while back I had a talk with Pragya. She said that they would be getting married tomorrow. But we could have them tag along with us to Jaipur."

"Well then, we might as well start packing and make arrangements."

______________________________

In the evening Jeevika was unpacking her bags so that everything would be sorted out. Priya had already helped her quite a lot and then retired to her room after instructing her not to pack too many clothes because they would be donning traditional attires there. While she turned and kept her folded clothes in the cupboard, Viren entered and locked the room's door quietly. He smirked inwardly, when his wife almost crashed into him while she turned back.

"Sir!"

He continued to lock her way out, with her back hitting the clothes rack.

"I came to see if you're hurting." He said, while his finger slightly glided over her neck seductively, while his gaze was completely innocent.

But his wife was not so naive anymore.
She just tried to move his hand away,
"It's not hurting. You can rest assured."

"But I think, it needs closer inspection." He murmured while his breath hovered over her neck. Her previous courage gone, she couldn't think of any come-back. Before she knew it, his arm wrapped around her bare waist, and he placed wet kisses along her neck while all she could do was get lost in these sensations, that she never felt before. Viren nuzzled her neck all he could, because he knew he won't get such chances frequently, but at the same time knew he shouldn't take things too far at once. He sighed and hugged her tight while his hands clutched her waist tightly. Sensual feelings aside, nothing could beat the feeling of hugging your wife. He was elated as he felt her hands on his biceps. Apparently, the feeling was mutual.

"Viren!"
His mom's voice brought them out of their reverie. Apparently the door was not locked like he thought.

"Yes Mom! I am helping Jeevika with packing."

"Ah... okay son. That's what I came for. I hope you remember not to pack too much clothes coz you have your clothes there already. You know how traditional dadi sa is. She won't like you wearing tees and tracks there."

"I know Mom, don't worry. I have no issues with it."

While Priya was wondering why her son won't come out of the cupboard to talk to her face to face, her sight fell upon the legs in saree and pants, from the gap between the floor and the door end. She understood what was happening but couldn't help but tease them.

"Haye, kaise din aa gaye. Mera beta mujhse baat karne ke liye mere saamne tak nahi ata."(god! What days am I seeing. My own son won't talk to me face to face)

"Actually Mom, Jeevika's saree is caught in the clothes rack, so I am busy helping her with that."

Viren replied, smirking at how his wife tried to come out of his hug as soon as she heard her mother-in-law's voice but he wouldn't let her. He knew his mother would know what was happening and wouldn't confront them directly, so he took full advantage of the chance. He was blessed to have such understanding parents.

"Okay, I understand. Remember we are supposed to take our luggage and then attend Virat and Manvi's wedding and they will join us immediately after, for the trip."

"Yeah, Mom I got it."
He almost forgot,

"By the way Mom....."

"Hmm...?"
Priya stopped as soon as she heard him.

"You didn't ask your daughter, how she's feeling now? I mean I gave her a special ointment on her wound, but she doesn't want to apply it again. I have been telling her that she should apply the ointment regularly but she just won't listen. Maybe you could make her understand." He sighed loudly, to make his tiredness sound more genuine. While all Jeevika saw was the devil's smirk.

"Jeevika dear, you shouldn't ignore your wound like this."

Frowning at her husband's smirking face, she replied,
"Voh, Maa I am already feeling better, so I don't think, it's needed anymore."

"Kiss always makes it all better, wifey!" Viren whispered, his smirk widening as the dialogue continues.

"No dear, make sure you apply it regularly till it's gone completely, even small wounds can turn out to be serious if ignored. I hope you will listen to this mother. Hmmm?"

"Uh...Yes!"

"Thanks, Maa, atleast now she will listen to me and let me apply the special ointment without complaints."

"Okay, kids finish your packing early and sleep well. We have to start journey early tomorrow."
______________________________

And, I am finally here with the update. Hope you guys liked it.
Did you feel the heat? Upcoming chapters are gonna be even hotter.

Do let me know what you think.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Published on 8th Dec, 2019